Gerard Healy is right | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gerard Healy is right

Crumpet_Avenger

Tiger Rookie
Feb 9, 2010
melb
I dont normally like this bloke but he has pointed out two major flaws in our lineup.

Riewoldt doesnt care about anything apart from looking good himself, No second efforst unless he has already booted 5 goals and cant punch when sent into defence, When I thought he was going to roam high and long like Richo, I forgot just how much heart Richo actually had. Jack is not a team player unless he looks like the leader of the team... He is not a gun and nor should he be treated like one.

Cotchin. I love this kid. But as Gerard said. He has no tank. I understand he has had no preseason and all of that. 2 years, blah blah blah, But however, other clubs "elite" midfielders can "rest at half forward or half back" and get 20 possies. It seems Trent cantr get anymore than this. Before all you clowns get on here and go off for no reason, have a look....

Kreuzer gets mkore stats as a ruckman than Cotchy gets a a midfielder, I love cotch as a player but if you are goiung to be an elite midefielder which you would be expected to be as a number 2 draft pick, you ned more than 20 possies in a game of footy. I know he has had issues and all that, however Gerad Healy pointed it out as well as other things.
Tambling, even though he just dobbed a goal, isnt consistant, You cvant have 28 disposals then have 8 kicks in 3/4's. Its time we got tough..

Jacvk needs a spell at coburg until he finds some heart. If I ever see him dive again like he did tonight when h's supposed to be a senior player i'd like to see dustin martin go up to him and belt him fair in the nose. We dont need actors we need triers!

Ive always liked nahas, never thought he would be a gun, but he has shown the most out of anyone tonight, he runs he tackles he tries. THATS THE BLOODY KEY!!!
JUST TRY! give it ya all. For christ sake. Why cant jack and morton and the moreskillful guys, lids, bling and cotch. Just bloody play with a bitta heart and guts!

Unless people get dropped they just continue knowing they get a game the next week, Morton was dropped, fair enough, hopefully he comes back well. Javck is way above himself, really not as good as he thinks he is.

Gerard also said we should look at dropping tambling once a month because he seems to get to complacent in the side. When he comes back he seems to star, Maybe he can go out next week!

As I said, I never listed to Gerard but tonight on foxtel he actually made sense and richmond as good as we were in the first 1/4, need to realise we are possibly the worst team in the comp and guys like jack, bling, actually make that everyone... need to know footy is about consistancy, not playing 1 or 2 good 1/4s... A rest maybe needed for these boys. Not 1 week. A rest until they realise we dont actually need them.. It should be a bloody honour to play, not a gift. earn the right. dont expect it.

Yound team coming through, Martin looks like he has been there the longest. He is what I call the model of consistancy and he is a 1st year player

get real tiges

Whatever.

He spoke about Cotchin prior to half time. How has his second half been? Why don't you focus on the real problems?

why dont you focus on the fact we havent been competitive? 40 points? 10 mins to go, Yeah must of had a real great 2nd half...

Cotchin has the ability to be elite but people try to claim he is elite already, same as Lids.

You earn elite status, it doesnt just fall on you...

they have potential and that is all it is at the moment

Crumpet_Avenger said:
why dont you focus on the fact we havent been competitive? 40 points? 10 mins to go, Yeah must of had a real great 2nd half...

Cotchin has the ability to be elite but people try to claim he is elite already, same as Lids.

You earn elite status, it doesnt just fall on you...

they have potential and that is all it is at the moment

YEah, he knows that, and he is doing his best to earn it. The elite tag comes from others.

Next

Cotchin's fitness is a pretty decent excuse... I wouldn't worry about him. He'll be good in the long run. May not be as good as we all hope (all of our youngsters a potential brownlow medalists to some), but he'll be fine.

very skillfull, just doesnt get enough of the ball to be a midfielder... Trengrove and Martin have shown what to do this year, Rich and that bloody lil freo bloke last year...

If cotch isnt fit then dont play him..

If hes as good as everyone says he's gunna be. Give him his due time off. if he is on the park though he must be coinsidered "fair game" and 12-21 possies a game isnt good enough for an "elite midfielder"

ableet and judd are elite Cotch is a classy hopeful.

Gotta get the runs on the board. If ya not fit , dont play... simple

no excuses at afl level

Crumpet_Avenger said:
very skillfull, just doesnt get enough of the ball to be a midfielder... Trengrove and Martin have shown what to do this year, Rich and that bloody lil freo bloke last year...

If hes as good as everyone says he's gunna be. Give him his due time off. if he is on the park though he must be coinsidered "fair game" and 12-21 possies a game isnt good enough for an "elite midfielder"

no excuses at afl level

That's just one perspective - rather play Cotchin as he is than not at all. You seem to suggest he play back at Coburb - that frankly is patently stupid. A player of his calibre is better getting match fit where he (in the best team RFC can put on the park) than on some average ground getting hit up by even more average footballers.

That's another perspective!

He also said that Deledio should be played at HB which is his correct position as he cant handle being tagged.
Deledio is wasted in the backline, play him forward let him create. As for the tag other players handle it so should Deledio.
Just get a few of your team mates to pay attention to the tagger. :smash

Crumpet_Avenger said:

no excuses at afl level

g Ablett was a low possession getter for many years, fact. Cotchin is a better player than Ablett was at the same stage.

I just hope we aren't forever making excuses for Cotchin, and he can get 100% and show us what he is made of.

And no-one denies he is only a classy hopeful - but you have deemed him a MAJOR FLAW lol

wayne said:
Cotchin had his first pre-season but even then he was only nursed through.

Its not just his pre-season wayne. He still doesn't do all sessions during the week.

they both hate us and i know we're crap but gees if you're gonna highlight all the errors, can't you comment on SOME of the positives?

tools. make me angry :pullhair

I guess I can handle some more lowly seasons as long as we are heading in the right direction with the rebuild. It's the humiliation of the commentators constantly bagging us that eats away me. I hate being given no respect. Not that we've earned it. But gees I hate it

maybe when thers more than 1 positive a 1/4 ther iks something worth saying...

we played real well in the 1st 1/4 after that was ordianry...

I think it was because freo just expected to belt us tho... Thats why it took em a while to get on the game.

what makes me angry is people who just justify mediocre... Players who play for us should be treated like anyone else. A full forward needs to kick goald. A ful back needs to stop goals. A runk needs to hit to advantage and midfielders need to keck to advantage..

One big prob. Jack kicks 2 goals and thinks he is a hero and everyone in australia know who he is....

Jack needs to learn people barely even know who he is and if it wasnt for nick they would still be trying to pronounce his surname...

Some guys dont know what opportunity they have til it bites them in the bum...