George upgraded | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

George upgraded

Those are some gaudy numbers. He certainly has far exceeded expectations for a first year rookie in terms of ball winning ability. Generally kids picking up those numbers so early on invariably turn into good players.

Tigers of Old said:
Jason Castagna (33 disposals, 15 contested possessions, seven clearances)
Again was very impressive, playing off half-back and through the midfield. Won plenty of contested ball and also provided good run-and-carry. Continues to show really exciting signs for the future.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-08-19/the-vfl-report-round-18

Alternatively Castagna is showing some good signs. If he can just tidy up his disposal and not rush it..

That's stat line is incredible for a first year player and even more impressive for a rookie. I normally expect a rookie to show he can contribute at VFL by the end of year one. George has gone above that by dominating a game. Year one a raging success.

Looked very good in the Nab Cup, and if he was on the main list earlier would have cracked it for a game or two.

Will be a ripper player.

Had some great attributes to work with at draft time. Real point of difference for our squad as well.

George has totally surprised me. I didn't rate him at junior level and thought he was the weakest pick of our haul last year.

His adaptation to VFL level has been nothing short of outstanding.

Stylo said:
George has totally surprised me. I didn't rate him at junior level and thought he was the weakest pick of our haul last year.

His adaptation to VFL level has been nothing short of outstanding.

By the sounds of it, definitely a big tick for our dev coaches :thumbsup