George upgraded | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

George upgraded

Not ready this year but he's a kepper .
33 possessions today but our chip it around gameplan is shocking it absolutely kills the forward line .

UKTiger said:
Apparently from todays VFL game reports he celebrated his elevation with a kick and spray game. Anyone able to confirm that?
Not a comprehensive review at all but I saw the 2nd half and some good indications there from him.

Jason Castagna (33 disposals, 15 contested possessions, seven clearances)
Again was very impressive, playing off half-back and through the midfield. Won plenty of contested ball and also provided good run-and-carry. Continues to show really exciting signs for the future.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-08-19/the-vfl-report-round-18

Alternatively Castagna is showing some good signs. If he can just tidy up his disposal and not rush it..

Tigers of Old said:
Jason Castagna (33 disposals, 15 contested possessions, seven clearances)
Again was very impressive, playing off half-back and through the midfield. Won plenty of contested ball and also provided good run-and-carry. Continues to show really exciting signs for the future.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-08-19/the-vfl-report-round-18

Alternatively Castagna is showing some good signs. If he can just tidy up his disposal and not rush it..

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of George in 2016. Definite upgrade to seniors I reckon.

We just lost a former rookie with good contested stats and speed. For those who've seen him play regularly, can he play midfield like Foley?

Chimptastic said:
We just lost a former rookie with good contested stats and speed. For those who've seen him play regularly, can he play midfield like Foley?
In time Georgie could be that player. I am amazed just how well he has come on this year. Will prove to be an absolute bargain once he learns some more composure. He has no trouble finding his own ball, just hurries his use at the moment (early Rance-like) And he is far quicker than even Foley was.

The Mole said:
A lot. Remember early Rance? Now look at him.

Actually thought Rance was very composed in his earliest year. He then had that heavy head clash, missed quite a bit of footy and came back a lot more rushed. I think for Rance it was just the confidence building aspect. Can't comment on Castagna.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
To what extent can composure be taught?
You'd like to think the more you play the more comfortable you'd become, VFL should be perfect for a 2 year apprenticeship

Composure is very coachable.

Often it'll simply come with elite fitness and conditioning.