George upgraded | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

George upgraded

Good stuff, although would we get him in for a game if we're going for the finals or is it because Axe retired?

TigerForce said:
Good stuff, although would we get him in for a game if we're going for the finals or is it because Axe retired?

bit of both, TF - keeping the ole options open.

Did they have to upgrade someone with Axel's retirement?

If not, strange to upgrade George and then not play him.

I would imagine this is reward and encouragement for next season where he will remain on the list. May not play this year but we appear to have selected very good rookies this year (including Lambert). Bodes well for the future. Keep it up Frank and team. :clap

Just in case of emergencies I would hazard to guess. Probably more a vote of confidence n small reward for effort n performance over the year. Let him know the club's aware of how he's going n approves of what they see.

He's upgraded from Vandelay Industries to the Yankees. Welcome Can't Stand Ya!

Perfect oppurtunity to include a couple of quick youngsters in Castagna or Menadue, but that wouldn't suit the lock down chip it around style of play. I hope Titch isn't far away.

Strategically, I'm not sure I understand this move.

Was someone going to pick him in the draft? Maybe.

But we could've kept him on rookie wages & the rookie list for next year.

Unless he is absolutely on the verge of getting picked, I'm not sure there was the rush. I don't mind the boy and I don't need to debate his skill set or merit, it's more around the timing of the move.

I think it's a clear sign that they're concerned about the form of some of our half backs. Specifically Newman, Houli and Hunt.
Rightly too IMO. Form has been very flaky.

Tigers of Old said:
I think it's a clear sign that they're concerned about the form of some of our half backs. Specifically Newman, Houli and Hunt.
Rightly too IMO. Form has been very flaky.
I'd like to think that Houli would be a better player if we had a class half back like Lids to shoulder some of the run an carry, less chance of been sat on too