Game day vs Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day vs Adelaide

mld said:
Polak still stains his pants at the sight of the big sticks it seems.

Probably shanked it trying to gain the extra distance.

Matt White hasn't had much of the ball, but spotted up two inside 50's for set shots.

Polak has been great around the ground. First time all year we've had a big guy that doesn't move like a robot and can actually take a grab. Is ok below his knee's too. Is another option up forward, and although he can't kick, he takes some pressure away from Jack.

Kicking has been average today, and our zone is still way too loose (opposition get uncontested after uncontested mark all the way up the ground), but I'm just happy we're not getting smashed. Adelaide have really gone backwards... I saw them play us up at Carrarra last year, and they killed us.

Webberly hasn't got much of the ball either, but is a booming kick for his size. Looks the goods.

Astbury grabbed a nice mark on the wing too, above his head, clean as anything. Hasn't done much else though.

Nason - great as always.

Tambling been relatively quiet, but not completely disappointing. Deledio has played his usual game, solid, but nothing spectacular.

Backline looks much better with the three Amigo's down there (Moore, McGuane and Thursty)

For those not able to watch live

The negative comments on here today really astound me. We are leading at halftime but the darksiders persist.

From a positive viewpoint

Polak....excellent around the ground and should be there in that role for the rest of the year if Simmo is the only other option.

Nahas and Nason both working hard and their defensive pressure up forward along with Edwards and White has been great.

Jack....hands have not been good to date but his workrate is ok and if we can start holding some marks look out

Lids and Bling have been Ok but could lift their involvement and we would be really on top

Cotch playing probably his best game this season..working very hard

Marto...disposal has been poor but he is in and under ll the time

Newman and Edwards both playing ok

Webberly has had a little game time and a few touches but looks composed

Polo IMO has ben our best defender. A couple of his one n one spoils and last second touches have been excellent

McGuane and moore and thirsty just ordinary IMO

Overall our workrate is thru the roof...whether we can run the game out I can only hope because if we start taking a few grabs then we can blow Adelaide away as they seem to have no gameplan going forward and some players seem either not interested or just plain leg weary.

Yes, I was a bit harsh on Polak, but it wad more based on his body lsnguage than the result of his kick.

These umpires have to be the worst ever. Only have to look at a Crow and a free kick given.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
McGuane and moore and thirsty just ordinary IMO

You start off by having a go at posters of being negative yet we are in front,Then you come up with Mcguane,Moore and thursfield being ordinary.Geez hate to know what your pass mark is.

Nahas playing really well consistently now. Great Daicos goal in the 2nd quarter. Hope he practices these every week.

I was feeling a bit non-plussed before this game but now I really want to win this.
For the confidence and belief of this young team, I am hoping they will be singing the song at the end of the day. GO TIGERS.

Gee Adelaide are going to be under some pressure here at half time.

Our boys don't really need to worry that much about the result at the end of the game, but I think the Crows do.

Some early 3rd quarter goals and the pressure will really mount on them. Can't wait for the second half. Give it to them boys, in spades.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
You start off by having a go at posters of being negative yet we are in front,Then you come up with Mcguane,Moore and thursfield being ordinary.Geez hate to know what your pass mark is.
Look up ordinary in the dictionary Crazy steer....it means average...not good...not bad....average. ??? ???

How that is negative is beyond me.

When my kids tell me they got an average exam mark, I am happy.

author=ROLLS ROYCE link=topic=40304.msg1111421#msg1111421 date=1273392145]
For those not able to watch live

Jack....hands have not been good to date but his workrate is ok and if we can start holding some marks look out

quote]

thtas funny, all the fox guys say jack needs to lift his wrokrate if he wants to be a genuine forward in the afl. He took 1 good mark and kicked the goal.

hes done bugger all else

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:

Well said. Not to mention saying Martin's been poor.

Crows look to have come out pretty pumped here.

We will learn as lot from this qtr about our team.

And our players are going to learn a lot about themselves.