GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints

First final against the Saints since 1973. We know who won the flag that year. Good omen I hope.
Yea that day KB had 33 kicks, 3 handballs,and kicked 2.5. think the record is wrong about the handballs

Reactions: 1 users
So I’m guessing Balta goes to King , hopefully does as well as he did on his twin, I think a key match up is Membrey so I’m thinking Grimes gets him , though won’t be surprised if Broad takes him going up the ground. A couple of huge contests will be Butler and Lonie, those sneaky little *smile* are capable of sneaking out the back and kicking 3 or 4 that’s where the impact of Short, Baker and Houli going back the other way could be huge for us.

They will have to have a huge game in the midfield To win imho, Steel wil probably go to Dusty so others will have to pick up the slack, the second tier of Lambert, Bolton, Pickett, Kmac and Rioli will need good games for us

Reactions: 1 user
As an aside, I've heard there is a kid on Facebook who runs an AFL page that is notional neutral but he is a big Saints fan and has the most epic meltdowns when they lose, and also hates Richmond and especially Dusty. He's become quite a cult figure with AFL guys so if anyone uses that medium it may be worth a follow or whatever you do on there.

Assuming this is the same page I'm thinking of, I'm not a fan of it. The guy has very obvious issues – and is targeted by other AFL 'meme' pages as a joke. As toxic as Big Footy imo.

• Wow
Mental focus is our Achilles heal. Last week whilst still staying in touch with the lions we looked mentally flat in the 2nd half, and our pessure game was affected accordingly.

My fear is that this happens again tonight.

Our guys (like St Kilda) have been couped up in a hub for months now and the team that handles that better mentally will prevail tonight.

The loser tonight gets to go home - and I'm betting that to some players that is really not a loss.
Very true. Was at the game, gut feeling was that we were just not “on”.
Got to remember the lionesses have played all but a couple at the Gabba, have slept in their own beds and had no real restrictions. Massive. Yet we only lost by 15 pts.
By the way Brissy supporters are like pom Pom waving cheerleaders.

Will be closer than many expect.
Tiges by 15 goals

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I am somewhat surprised by some people worried about tonight. This is our strongest side this year (minus the injured Soldo of course).
Even last week, with no lynch, played average after half time. gave away countless goals and still only lost by 2 and a bit goals.

This team has won 2 from the last 3 premierships and we ain't going to let a saints outfit minus 4 of their best 22 topple us.
We will be fired up from last week and I'm expecting a 30+ point victory. Bring it on, let's go Tiges!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Obviously we should be going in favourites , however I heard N G brown yesterday say we were 1.28 and the Saints were 3.75 , that’s a bit lopsided I reckon
Got a feeling the score will be lopsided too. :cool:

That''s certain. Lonie chief among them for sure. I can't stand that little flog. One of the greatest stagers in the AFL and always gets away with it to get an easy goal or two. Watch for his niggle, duck and stage tactics. Cotchin et al have a bad history of falling for his antics. Strange how umps can never spot it!
He doesn’t mind ducking his head for a free

Guys & gals & all who are lucky to be there to watch the game, ENJOY. Those of us home and watching let’s see a Tiger win to silence the doubters.

I’m going to stick to my finals routine and see you all after we win ( hope). If not you may not see me ( hear ) from me for some time.

Waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
Hardwick in the rooms looks very un calm but players looking very focused. Channel 7 footage. Everything to lose if we let this one slip. Being red hot favorite is arguably harder than going in as underdog next week if we get through!

Snacks Ready Jameson Ready Time for us to Win this thing

While a bit OT, there are already lots of triggered Aints supporters losing it on Twitter.

You'd think they must have already lost, and by lots at that!

• Wow
Big games from K mac , Rioli, Lambert, Pickett & were home ....

On location. Still 25 degrees. No wind. 80/20 tigers/ saints

Reactions: 5 users