Franklin's 50 Meters? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Franklin's 50 Meters?

As much as I agree that Luke gave a couple of goals away with bad decision making, let's get this thread back to umpire bashing!

They didn't cost us the game, but they were ordinary. Tuck should never even had the ball in those dying seconds because he stole it from the hawk player who should have been paid the mark. Tha 50 to duddy was mind boggling. why do they call play on after half a second sometimes, other times they let the player with the ball creep around way off the mark, yet just keep letting him creep futher and further into the middle? The slinging handballs over the head that they let go (I think Rioli did at least two) are ridiuclous - we may as well just ditch the handball altogether (I imagine Gold Goast will be able to spear pass rugby style to allow the locals to enjoy the game better). Why doesn't the push in the back rule apply to players chasing the ball carrier - it now seems a legal tackle?

I will say though, at least Franklyn got caught for his 'don't argue'. Bout time.

BIGNIGE said:
You two might agree but I certainly don't

The boy is doing a good job down back at the moment under the extreme pressure that comes when the ball is coming in thick and fast as it does when you're the bottom team.

Came in thin and slow yesterday and Luke lost us the game. He could be forgiven for the odd mistake but he keeps making the same mistakes week in week out.

Suprised that no one has mentioned the Mitchell tackle on Tuck. The tackle clearly slipped to Tuck's legs which makes it a trip and free kick. See the photo in the Herald Sun today to see him grabbing a piece of Tuck's leg

Bunnerz said:
watched that with no volume in the pub and yes he cleaerly stepped back twice....poor umpiring and geichen should look at it

We get slaughtered every week by the umpires and the guy in charge was someone we fired as a coach. We will never get a fair go so long as he is in charge.

brigadiertiger said:
We get slaughtered every week by the umpires and the guy in charge was someone we fired as a coach. We will never get a fair go so long as he is in charge.
Honestly,would the umpiring have been mentioned if we had won the game?????????Kindergarden speak IMO.

gold1 said:
Honestly,would the umpiring have been mentioned if we had won the game?????????Kindergarden speak IMO.

Who knows we can only speak on things that happened as they did. But if we have to wait until we win before we can say anything then this place is about to become a ghost town. ::)

brigadiertiger said:

I understand that Geischen in jest keeps reminding the umps he has the best win loss ratio in the last 15 years and they should keep that in mind with a nudge nudge wink wink.

When I heard that a few gaskets exploded. Source is an umpire.

lamb22 said:
I understand that Geischen in jest keeps reminding the umps he has the best win loss ratio in the last 15 years and they should keep that in mind with a nudge nudge wink wink.

Didn't win, not allowed to comment.

lamb22 said:

Met the Geisch at a party about 6 weeks ago. Wanted to bag him about his spell as Tigers coach and his coaching of the umpires. He reckons that he is not the coach of the umpires but is "in charge of the umpiring department". In other words, he does not coach them but appoints the men that coach them ::)

What was the most interesting comment he had to make was that he coached the Tigers to victory in Adelaide both years when the Crows were premiers (1997 and 1998). True! He was proud; it made me sad to think how those teams were capable of playing good footy but were so inconsistent. :'(

Tigers of Old said:
Good post.
The umpiring was shocking yesterday, shocking.
Not just for Richmond though.
The Hawks would have plenty of grief with the lemon yellows themselves.
On one occasion in their forward 50m, I counted 3 holding the ball decisions in a 15 sec passage of play against Tiger players that went unpunished.

For us the Franklin 50m and Jackson bump were the obvious standouts but you can't blame a loss on the umps when they murdered both sides over the course of the game.

Hopeless.
Yep, the umpiring was of such a low standard on Sunday. It was crud.

For those who think the Franklin 50 and goal was bad, the Reiwoldt free for a supposed push out in the marking contest had me almost kicked out of the box I was in.

Umpiring did not cost richmond the game, nor Luke McGuane - the difference was Cyril Rioli! :-X

theScabman said:
Yep, the umpiring was of such a low standard on Sunday. It was crud.

For those who think the Franklin 50 and goal was bad, the Reiwoldt free for a supposed push out in the marking contest had me almost kicked out of the box I was in.

That free was the most obvious example of 'tunneling' you would ever want to see. An obvious free. Completely unnecessary as Jack was outnumbered and out of position. It happened again not long after, but wasn't paid.

Panthera tigris FC said:
That free was the most obvious example of 'tunneling' you would ever want to see. An obvious free. Completely unnecessary as Jack was outnumbered and out of position. It happened again not long after, but wasn't paid.
Tunnelling?

I think you need to look up the meaning.
That so called 'push', it was a joke.

theScabman said:
Tunnelling?

I think you need to look up the meaning.
That so called 'push', it was a joke.

Perhaps you do. Watch the replay. Riewoldt leaps and is pushed (not with hands mind you) on the lower part of his body, taking him out of the contest. It happened in front of me and unless Jack is able to defy the laws of physics by leaping up and then straight out he was taken out of the contest by the Hawthorn defender.