Football Report: Craig Cameron | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Football Report: Craig Cameron

Tigers of Old said:
When you're pumping Shane Tuck's tyres, not all is great. Plenty more pain ahead.

I'll be able to bare the pain as long as we stick to retaining our draft picks and not drop the ball and panic and go for recycled players other clubs are happy to let go. As for Cameron's selling technique to us supporters about Tuck, it is very funny, I can only think it's a motivational tool for Shane to continue trying hard and get the kids trying hard as well and not lose faith.

Tigers of Old said:
When you're pumping Shane Tuck's tyres, not all is great.

Might be doing it to increase Shane's trade value, perhaps? :p

Tigers of Old said:
Sad but true hence the media giving it to us from all angles.
However this year at least, of all years, surely the bulk of the supporter group can see that we have got to take our medicine no matter how bad it tastes.
The Tiger Army needs to show a heap of patience and the club needs to stay strong and on track because if they deviate from the plan due to pressure then we will fail and Richmond will be in serious trouble.

I'm with ya TOO and i'm telling everyone who'll listen...particularly my younger supporter friends who I keep insisting stay patient. Of course it rings hollow to them because they've heard it all before and they just think that i'm a crazy optimist.

And the irony is that I've been so depressed about the tigers for so long that my new found optimism probably does seem mad to the average punter.

But nevertheless, as they say in Galaxy Quest "Never give up! Never surrender!"

CK said:
Might be doing it to increase Shane's trade value, perhaps? :p

We tried to trade him last year, no one wanted him. Don't think that's going to change.

geoffryprettyboy said:
I'll be able to bare the pain as long as we stick to retaining our draft picks and not drop the ball and panic and go for recycled players other clubs are happy to let go. As for Cameron's selling technique to us supporters about Tuck, it is very funny, I can only think it's a motivational tool for Shane to continue trying hard and get the kids trying hard as well and not lose faith.

Regardless of what happens to Shane Tuck at the end of the season or what anyone might think of his value as a footballer, he has taken his demotion and fall from favour in a professional manner and has earnt the right to be treated with respect by the club.

As for the young players, they would see the way he trains, the way he conducts himself and the way that he has continued to battle when the easiest thing in the world would have been to quietly go to Coburg and sulk.

TOT70 said:
Regardless of what happens to Shane Tuck at the end of the season or what anyone might think of his value as a footballer, he has taken his demotion and fall from favour in a professional manner and has earnt the right to be treated with respect by the club.

As for the young players, they would see the way he trains, the way he conducts himself and the way that he has continued to battle when the easiest thing in the world would have been to quietly go to Coburg and sulk.

well the young players have got an example to observe too....

I wonder if it has occurred to Cameron and Hartley to have a very close look at the VFL? I wonder how many more players of the ilk of Barlow, Silvagni, Nahas, Podsiadly, Moles and Picken are out there waiting for an opportunity?

Barnzy said:
We tried to trade him last year, no one wanted him. Don't think that's going to change.

The Gold Coast would seem to be a perfect fit IMO, & I'm being serious.

They need hard, experienced bodies in the clinches to work with the young kids on their list in the interim.

CK said:
The Gold Coast would seem to be a perfect fit IMO, & I'm being serious.

They need hard, experienced bodies in the clinches to work with the young kids on their list in the interim.

He would be 29 by the time they trade for him. I seriously doubt they would do that. If we could get something for him though, great...because if not I see him being delisted at the end of the year.

Interesting piece.

I believe it sends a clear message to Player Managers and other clubs that the Tigers would be interested in the right trade (right player, right cost) if it came along. It will dispell the belief that we are only interested in a full youth rebuild.

Player Managers know the Tigers have the $$$ room in the cap. They know that GC will have room.
Provides the player managers another option for 'uncontracted' players (their clients), GC or Tigers

The 'pump up' of Tuck could be an attempt to reverse the bad media reports that happened earlier (Tigers were being canned in the media regarding not treating Tuck and McMahon correctly - out of the side due to their age). This type of media makes the Tigers less attractive for established/almost established players to want to join us. By 'pumping' Tuck up, it is highlighting that Tuck was out of the side due to other issues e.g. not following orders, not cause of his age and rebuild.

I see this as a smart move by the Tigers.

TOT70 said:
I wonder if it has occurred to Cameron and Hartley to have a very close look at the VFL? I wonder how many more players of the ilk of Barlow, Silvagni, Nahas, Podsiadly, Moles and Picken are out there waiting for an opportunity?

Our blokes are too clever to be seduced by the obvious, Tottie. Its off to the basktball courts for us to find real talent!

lamb22 said:
Our blokes are too clever to be seduced by the obvious, Tottie. Its off to the basktball courts for us to find real talent!

:hihi

Bit of a cheap shot.

lamb22 said:

We are not the only ones.

TOT70 said:

Very well put together TOT, I just hope that is the case and Tuck is an example to our younger players, but you summed it beautifully, he could have gone back to Coburg like McMahon and sulked. In the current climate Tuck is having a crack and that's all we can ask for at the moment.

It's not rocket science to know where he is at with career.

hmmm a bit of a worry that mention of big bodies , hopefully just a fluff piece to keep the memebers happy..
apart from a mature ruckman i would hope it would be all kids , no less than 10 kids from th nd/rd..

geoffryprettyboy said:
Very well put together TOT, I just hope that is the case and Tuck is an example to our younger players, but you summed it beautifully, he could have gone back to Coburg like McMahon and sulked. In the current climate Tuck is having a crack and that's all we can ask for at the moment.

It's not rocket science to know where he is at with career.

Couldn't agree more TOT & GPB. At least he's going down fighting. Wouldn't expect anything less.

grumpytiger said:
Acknowledging the fans and reassuring us that the club is staying strong is probably quite a good move I'd have thought.
:clap Well said, exactly my thoughts after reading it. Just reassuring the fans that we know what we are doing