Football Report: Craig Cameron | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Football Report: Craig Cameron

Mr Pumblechook

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2004
Recently posted on the RFC website:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/93708/default.aspx

This bit was interesting:

"... we anticipate being quite active in the trade market. We’re one of the first AFL clubs to have a fully-resourced trading division in our overall recruiting structure, so we are confident we’ll be capably equipped to make smart decisions with regards to trades, moving forward."

Mr Pumblechook said:
This bit was interesting:

"... we anticipate being quite active in the trade market. We’re one of the first AFL clubs to have a fully-resourced trading division in our overall recruiting structure, so we are confident we’ll be capably equipped to make smart decisions with regards to trades, moving forward."
mld said:
I hope we're trading players out for picks coming in

Would assume from that release that we will be looking to other clubs players in the future but not at the loss of draft selections....more likely player swap or dollars.

i really dont have a problem trading for a more mature player - so long as its the right trade. we need a ruckman between 22-24 yo. we need strong bodied players, unlike Jordy, and could look for players at top clubs who cant get a regular game. we should have $$ in the cap to target a fairly good player, so long as we dont give up too much to get em. most clubs, including finals teams, have a % of traded players and to blindly go with the 18 y.olds does not create a balanced list.
quite an fair report from CC i reckon.

Didn't understand him pumping up Shane Tuck. Said he's shown he can play a different role for us which I don't agree with. IMO it's been the same old Tuck, can rack it up but has NFI what to do with when he gets it with extremely poor decision making and poor skills which is what you don't want in the backline. Been saying for weeks playing him up back is silly, results in a lot of opposition goals. So, dunno what he was trying to get at with that one.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Would assume from that release that we will be looking to other clubs players in the future but not at the loss of draft selections....more likely player swap or dollars.

You might be right there RR and I think Hartley may be the person behind the scenes working hard to make it happen, and from reports he is like a mad scientist.

The article overall is positive and there isn't anything in it that hasn't been discussed on here. The overall message is to have belief and patience, and sleep with your rabbit's foot under your pillow.

Barnzy, i have no problem with him pumping up tuck. he is still a member of the side and should be recognised for the job he is doing. He is getting his hands on the ball and importantly a lot of first touches. yes his disposal is not great, but i disagree that its awful. Cotchin for example has better skills & decision making, but only gets 10-15 touches a week. tuck has a strong body and should be in the middle getting the pill, and protecting the smaller fellas until they are physically ready to compete regularly against the likes of chapman, ling, selwood etc.

Do other clubs openly give up their draft & trading plans 6 months out from the event ??
No wonder were $#@$#@$# !!!!
Cant see the point, we dont need to know this now ?? Neither do other clubs.

Barnzy said:
Didn't understand him pumping up Shane Tuck. Said he's shown he can play a different role for us which I don't agree with. IMO it's been the same old Tuck, can rack it up but has NFI what to do with when he gets it with extremely poor decision making and poor skills which is what you don't want in the backline. Been saying for weeks playing him up back is silly, results in a lot of opposition goals. So, dunno what he was trying to get at with that one.

Agreed.

I am very surprised to see this sort of review hit the site so early tbh.
Don't know why they feel any need to justify themselves to supporters whatsoever or give up their intentions so publicly.
Must be feeling the heat already is all I can think. ???

pmac21 said:
Do other clubs openly give up their draft & trading plans 6 months out from the event ??

your right. he said we will draft smartly and look to trade smartly. the other clubs will be onto us now. we are screwed.

pmac21 said:

erm, i doubt that being active in trade week, looking to identify talent through the draft, and looking for talent outside traditional means is exactly earth-shattering news. If i could work this strategy out before CC told me, I reckon the other clubs may have a fair idea too. Don't think he's given away too many state secrets, myself.

Acknowledging the fans and reassuring us that the club is staying strong is probably quite a good move I'd have thought.

pmac21 said:

Draft plans? There is only sentence in there on this and it states we will be active in the trade market (and smart!). It is actually a good article. You may need to cut back on your coffee intake.

grumpytiger said:
Acknowledging the fans and reassuring us that the club is staying strong is probably quite a good move I'd have thought.

You don't seem so sure.
In a way I think it shows a little insecurity after only six games but perhaps that's just me.
My impression is that they are worried about the start to the year and want to quell any supporter backlash.
I think the club should just get on with it and let their actions do the talking.
We all know it was going to be tough and if you didn't you're living in lala land.

Tigers of Old said:
You don't seem so sure.
In a way I think it shows a little insecurity after only six games but perhaps that's just me.
My impression is that they are worried about the start to the year and want to quell any supporter backlash.
I think the club should just get on with it and let their actions do the talking.
We all know it was going to be tough and if you didn't you're living in lala land.

Agreed. Looks like all the Fitzroy comparisons and bleak future predictions have got to them. He even talks about what the media is saying in his report.

They have said they won't be pressured by the media like in the past, time to prove it.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Buckle up ToO, next year will be just as bad IMO.

No doubt Geoffry.
Unfortunately I don't think for a minute we've fully 'bottomed out' yet.

When you're pumping Shane Tuck's tyres, not all is great. Plenty more pain ahead.

Tigers of Old said:
You don't seem so sure.

i never like to sound TOO definitive - I'm a bit soft and always like an escape clause!

With my other comment I am saying the same thing as you. But unlike you, I think it's a good move to quell supporter backlash.

It'd be great if all tiger supporters were as intelligent as us :hihi but i guarantee they're not. I see it every week, supporters having tantrums and hissy fits, demonstrating no understanding of the club's position or of what we're trying to do - reading the Hun and listening to the commercial hysteria and going into a frenzy of anger and despair.

grumpytiger said:
It'd be great if all tiger supporters were as intelligent as us :hihi but i guarantee they're not. I see it every week, supporters having tantrums and hissy fits, demonstrating no understanding of the club's position or of what we're trying to do - reading the Hun and listening to the commercial hysteria and going into a frenzy of anger and despair.

Sad but true hence the media giving it to us from all angles.
However this year at least, of all years, surely the bulk of the supporter group can see that we have got to take our medicine no matter how bad it tastes.
The Tiger Army needs to show a heap of patience and the club needs to stay strong and on track because if they deviate from the plan due to pressure then we will fail and Richmond will be in serious trouble.