First 8 Rounds - how many wins? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

First 8 Rounds - how many wins?

toby64 said:
I have more faith in Hardwick doing his job than I do in the players.

Hopefully they haven't spent the summer blaming their inept finals performance on the coach like most of the supporters have and had a good hard look at themselves.

But, given previous finals losses have apparently burned in their guts all summer and they have come out firing blanks early in the season, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Hardwick picks the gameplan and the personnel, the players execute the gameplan If the gameplan doesn't do well against a certain team then that's the coaches fault if the personnel don't match up well against a certain team the that's the coaches fault.

If the individual players don't follow the game plan then that's the players fault, if the individual player executes his skills poorly the that's the individual players fault.

I do find it hard to believe that most of the playing group decided to not follow the game plan in the EF.

I believe that Hardwick made mistakes in the personnel picked and the gameplan.

The players played to that gameplan and yes certain individual players executed poorly or were beaten by their opponents but the mistakes by the coach were a major contributor to the loss.

Having said that I believe that Hardwick has learnt his lessons and will be more flexible and less predictable this season.

Out of first 10 games two gimme's on paper , Blues & Dons. Four write offs Freo, Crows, Eagles & Hawkers . The others Maggies, Swannies, Porters, Dee's which are line ball so two wins two losses. Result 4 out of ten. Hope I am wrong.

Tigaman said:
Out of first 10 games two gimme's on paper , Blues & Dons. Four write offs Freo, Crows, Eagles & Hawkers . The others Maggies, Swannies, Porters, Dee's which are line ball so two wins two losses. Result 4 out of ten. Hope I am wrong.

Wow quite pessimistic. You've written off games against Freo (who we beat once and should have beaten twice last year) and the Hawks who we have beaten 3 times of the last 4 meetings!!

Out of those 4 I'm mostly worried about the Crows depending on how we line up, we have struggled against teams that play 3 tall forwards recently (think North and the Crows).

mrposhman thanks for your reply. What is your win/loss rate for Tigers come end of round 10 ?. Tigers play 7 times at The G , 2 at Domain & 1 at Etihad in the first ten games of 2016 season .Home game advantage should have Tigers at top of the Ladder but we will see where Tigers are after Round 10. As I said in my post "hope I am wrong '?.