First 8 Rounds - how many wins? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

First 8 Rounds - how many wins?

Bullarto Tiger said:
I would be pretty happy if the Tigers sit 5 and 3 after eight rounds

top 4 is the minimum expectation for me this year. with that in mind we must (and should) be at least 5-3. we just have to beat those interstate teams at home (something we haven't been great at of late).

Ian4 said:
top 4 is the minimum expectation for me this year. with that in mind we must (and should) be at least 5-3. we just have to beat those interstate teams at home (something we haven't been great at of late).

Won 12 and lost 5 interstate games since 2013.

Top 4 generally go around at 16 wins with only 6 loses, you always win some you dont expect and possibly drop one or two you dont, purely on numbers based on 8 games i would hope 6-2, 5-3 and we have work ahead of us to get top 4...

Personally i still struggle to think we have a top 4 list, i do think we will play finals again and win one, and possibly push deep, i think were currently a 4-6 team that has some real young talent coming through, so i wouldnt be baying for blood if we finished 15-7 again, thats a damn fine season just need to translate that in finals obviously!!

CarnTheTiges said:
I think the Adelaide game and the debacle against Norf in Tassie were the only interstate games we lost last year.
Yep those 2 are in the 5 we lost. In 2014 the only one we lost was to Gold Coast in round 1 and in 2013 there were losses to Fremantle by 1 point and Sydney by about 8 goals. To say we have trouble winning interstate of late is a furphy IMO.

Edit: Sorry forgot to count the EF loss in 2014.

YinnarTiger said:
Yep those 2 are in the 5 we lost. In 2014 the only one we lost was to Gold Coast in round 1 and in 2013 there were losses to Fremantle by 1 point and Sydney by about 8 goals. To say we have trouble winning interstate of late is a furphy IMO.

Edit: Sorry forgot to count the EF loss in 2014.
We don't have problems winning outside of Victoria. Haven't really since Hardwick came to the club. His first win as senior coach was in Adelaide.

Baloo said:
At 6-0 we'll extend Beavis's contract. At 6-2 the media and Beavis haters will decry the extension as foolish, too early and gutless.

Why extend his contract? what is the point of being 6-0 and the bowing out in the finals with out a win?

If you are turning this thread into a Hardwick contract discussion what is wrong with a contract extension with a clause that he will resign if he fails to take us to a preliminary final?

Carlton - MCG - always a struggle against our arch rival - should win but - another slow start to a season would see us just sneak home
Coll - MCG - how cocky would the Pies be if they knocked us off after Treloar's comments - again a possible slow start to a season puts us under the pump - should just sneak home
Crows - ES - (Lost last year Rd 19) - For us to be going forward up the ladder we must win these types of games - them without Dangerfield will not be as damaging - could sneak home
WCE - DS - (Lost last year Rd 12) - We travel well and will be fitter for recent games - could sneak home
Melb - MCG - w (But...lost last 2 years) - the next game after an interstate game always raises the issue of being flat physically and mentally - could sneak home
Port Adel - MCG - they will be breathing fire this year after last year - boggie game - could sneak home
Haw - MCG - (Past wins don't matter, still premiers) - always a tough game which our guys get up for - could sneak home
Syd - MCG - they are unknown quantity but always seem to be in the top 4 to 6 teams - tough game - could sneak home

The optimist in me says 8 wins no losses and sitting atop of the ladder.

The pessimist in me says bloody Carlton and Collingwood knock us off - Crows cocky they can beat a psychologically fragile team - WC murder us in Perth - Melb feel they have a real chance to be our nemesis once more - Port Adelaide come to the G to conquer - Hawthorn flog us and Sydney grinds us into the G dirt and we sit 0 wins 8 losses

The realist in me says 6 wins 2 loses - West Coast and Hawthorn just get us.

YinnarTiger said:
Won 12 and lost 5 interstate games since 2013.

yeah but losing to the likes of Freo and west coast at home last year cancels out the wins interstate.

YinnarTiger said:
To say we have trouble winning interstate of late is a furphy IMO.

I never said that. I said our HOME record against interstate teams needs to improve. 3 of the first 8 are home games against interstate teams.

Ian4 said:
I never said that. I said our HOME record against interstate teams needs to improve. 3 of the first 8 are home games against interstate teams.

Sorry, I thought you meant playing interstate games at the interstate home grounds.

Even so for Richmond home games over the same period it is 9-4 in our favour.

Quite a few non believers here, Toby if you are suggesting that we will be 4-4 then you have little faith in Hardwick doing his job.

I believe that after 6 seasons that Hardwick has learnt his lessons (sometimes the hard way) and will perform as a top 4 coach should.

He has at his disposal a team that should have made the preliminary last season, which has improved in personnel so logically a preliminary this season is a minimum.

yandb said:
Quite a few non believers here, Toby if you are suggesting that we will be 4-4 then you have little faith in Hardwick doing his job.

I believe that after 6 seasons that Hardwick has learnt his lessons (sometimes the hard way) and will perform as a top 4 coach should.

He has at his disposal a team that should have made the preliminary last season, which has improved in personnel so logically a preliminary this season is a minimum.

I have more faith in Hardwick doing his job than I do in the players.

Hopefully they haven't spent the summer blaming their inept finals performance on the coach like most of the supporters have and had a good hard look at themselves.

But, given previous finals losses have apparently burned in their guts all summer and they have come out firing blanks early in the season, I'm not getting my hopes up.

6-2

Dimma realizes we need more focus on discipline after our poor start to the last 2 seasons, he cant just teach the players how to motivate themselves, he has to drive the motivation.

Quite a few non believers here, Toby if you are suggesting that we will be 4-4 then you have little faith in Hardwick doing his job. AGREE

I believe that after 6 seasons that Hardwick has learnt his lessons (sometimes the hard way) and will perform as a top 4 coach should. NOT SO SURE GIVEN FINALS SELECTIONS

He has at his disposal a team that should have made the preliminary last season, which has improved in personnel so logically a preliminary this season is a minimum. AGREE

Ral said:
6-2

Dimma realizes we need more focus on discipline after our poor start to the last 2 seasons, he cant just teach the players how to motivate themselves, he has to drive the motivation.

He has been really reluctant to do that so far - being the great believer in PROCESS that he is. I do think we will see a bit more Northey Ra-ra passion this year. Process is not enough.