First 8 Rounds - how many wins? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

First 8 Rounds - how many wins?

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Seeing as we have 6 MCG games and one at Etihad in first 8 rounds that is putting real pressure on Dimma and the boys to perform early. Only 1 away game travelling to Perth. How many genuine wins can you see in this critical period? How many are needed to take pressure off Dimma?
Carlton - MCG - win
Coll - MCG - win
Crows - MCG - ? (Lost last year Rd 19)
WCE - DS - ? (Lost last year Rd 12)
Melb - MCG - win (But...lost last 2 years
Port Adel - MCG - win
Haw - MCG - ? (Past wins don't matter, still premiers)
Syd - MCG - win

Should expect 4 to 5 wins and Dimma needs 5 or 6 seeing as we have so many MCG games!

Jonesracing82 said:
Crows game is at Etihad. a good start is essential
Oops, correct, thanks. should read:

Seeing as we have 6 MCG games and one at Etihad in first 8 rounds that is putting real pressure on Dimma and the boys to perform early. Only 1 away game travelling to Perth. How many genuine wins can you see in this critical period? How many are needed to take pressure off Dimma?
Carlton - MCG - win
Coll - MCG - win
Crows - ES - ? (Lost last year Rd 19)
Port Adel - MCG - win
Syd - MCG - win

Should expect 4 to 5 wins and Dimma needs 5 or 6 seeing as we have so many MCG games!

None there that we can't win. Hope we get off to a flyer when the draw favours us.

Think I could be content with 4 from 8 there, though 6 from 8 would be a cheerful result and get Dimma re-signed for another 2 years

Gee I could see us 1-7 . 1 win and Dimma under fire from every quarter.

I'm not very optimistic. I never am when it comes to Richmond.

I should be. 15, 11, 15 wins the last 3 years in the H&A season I should be more optimistic than what I'm showing. The last two years we have started poorly . I'm not sure how the start in 2013 was but for us to have aspirations of top 4 in 2016, we would need to be 7-1.

I guess we will find out more about this group and how Dimma coaches as he is yet to be signed(extension). This could play a part in seeing any debutants playing in the first 8 if the starts to this season mirrors the last couple. He will play his reliable team' to get those wins and extension.

tigermike said:
Carlton - MCG - win
Coll - MCG - win
Port Adel - MCG - win
Syd - MCG - win

We can win them all. Probably most concerned about Adelaide and WCE as we don't tend to play well against either WCE or any team with a 3 pronged tall attack (North and Adelaide mainly) as it means we need to play Batchelor on players much taller.

I would probably be happy with 5 wins out of those 8, we surely can't lose to bloody Melbourne 3 years on the bounce can we??

This year is the year we get our sh!t together. I expect to be 7 and 1. Top two this year.

tigermike said:
Carlton - MCG - win
Coll - MCG - win
Port Adel - MCG - win
Syd - MCG - win

Not so forthcoming as others. Collingwood are always hard to beat early on, Melbourne always fancies themselves against us, west coast at Perth is a hard task.
But saying that I will, be rapt at 8-0, happy T 6-2, not so happy at 4-4 and at 2-6 I will want sackings to take place.
I'm going with 5-3

If we aspire to be a top four team then anything less than 6-2 is not acceptable.

As a Tigers supporter then we simply win all eight n every other game we play in.
Trying to be logical before the season starts and allowing for the thought that well crap out in a game we are supposed to win. I'd expect us to be at five n three during this period to be reasonably comfortable.
Nightmares would be two n six, while happy camper would see us six n two.
I'll be grumping n thinking same old same old if we are only four n four, it's time we stepped ahead of the ledger early if we are to have any ambition of being a genuine finals capable top four side.

At 6-0 we'll extend Beavis's contract. At 6-2 the media and Beavis haters will decry the extension as foolish, too early and gutless.