Eddie blasts Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Eddie blasts Neil Balme

spook said:
They'd be mad to sack Buckley. The bloke knows his footy. Gets a bum wrap for his supposed persona. I met him and found him intelligent, engaging, self-effacing and personable.

Totally agree... I've also met the man. Although we spoke very little about footy I walked away impressed at what a down to earthgreat bloke he is..

No 4 said:
I think Eddie is now getting involved with the trading officials at Collingwood. For Neil Balme to come out and say "where's the individual's right?" Referring to Ash stopped by Brisbane (not trading) means that Eddie has sunk the boots in and wants things to happen. He is under pressure and is the coach, particularly if they mess up next year.
Are you putting two and two together or has McGuire been quoted ?

houdini said:
so bucks has won a final and dimma has not , so bucks is the better coach PERIOD

Houdini you could have coached that Collingwood side to a finals victory, please!

houdini said:
so bucks has won a final and dimma has not , so bucks is the better coach PERIOD
So if we had beaten North by a point this year and got smashed the week after does that mean that Hardwick and Buckley would be equal as coaches ?

antman said:
For a guy named Houdini you need to find better ways to get out of an argument

yeah. The old caps and word full stop (period annoys me) never cuts it around here. 8-

reminds me of an old joke:

A new woman started at work, she was classy, smart and very physically attractive. I fancied my chances. I found myself alone with her in the tea room and made my move and asked her out while microwaving my leftover beef and black bean sauce. She replied 'I will not go out with you, period'. I said 'that's no worries, we can wait till you're ovulating'.

Good guy or not, you have to admit his coaching record so far is a disaster.

Baloo said:
Good guy or not, you have to admit his coaching record so far is a disaster.

Yep horrible, not like Mr No 14.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/afl_coaches?status=A&type=&sort=p

or Mr no 12

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/afl_coaches?status=A&type=F&sort=p

Not sure what you're trying to say.

Stats need context to make any sense.

Buckley took a young premiership winning team and has been trending downwards.
Hardwick took the biggest basket case in the league and is trending upwards.

Baloo said:
Not sure what you're trying to say.

Stats need context to make any sense.

Buckley took a young premiership winning team and has been trending downwards.
Hardwick took the biggest basket case in the league and is trending upwards.

I am agreeing with you that Buckley's 56% win ratio and 1 finals win only is a disaster.

BTW that is his coaching record isn't it?

lamb22 said:
I am agreeing with you that Buckley's 56% win ratio and 1 finals win only is a disaster.

You need to stop trying to lead the defence

lamb22 said:

in 4 years Bucks has coached 52 wins.
in the 4 years before the Pies won 64.

Hilne has a head that looks like it's been hit by a bus.
His drafting recently has matched our drafting of the late 90's and early 2000's
Any chance any of his kids stay longer then 2 years??

Brodders17 said:
in 4 years Bucks has coached 52 wins.
in the 4 years before the Pies won 64.

The 4 yrs before BUCKetload took over by my count is 71 at least, probably more with finals won.
So 71 v 52 in four years, nearly 5 games a year worse off, 1/4 of a season nearly.

CarnTheTiges said:
No, never got a flag. Did get a Norm Smith in a losing side, though. I personally think a lot of making him coach of the Pies was about Eddie trying to get his mate a flag one way or another.

Reckon there is a fair bit of truth in this. never has a player whilst still playing and a President been closer than these two. Wouldn't think even Cotchin is regular dinner guest of Peggie let alone a friend. When Eddiewas at height of his powers he considered himself a king maker, no stretch for him to imagine he could engineer his star player and friend into a premiership coach.

Bucks hasn't done anything yet with Collingwood but I think he can coach. He certainly carries himself very well and seems to have a good football brain.

Didn't like his comment RE: Freeman leaving, which was childish.

Yes Buckley presents very well.

Talks a good game.

Can he coach?

Jury still out.