Eddie blasts Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Eddie blasts Neil Balme

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
I think Eddie is now getting involved with the trading officials at Collingwood. For Neil Balme to come out and say "where's the individual's right?" Referring to Ash stopped by Brisbane (not trading) means that Eddie has sunk the boots in and wants things to happen. He is under pressure and is the coach, particularly if they mess up next year.

No 4 said:
I think Eddie is now getting involved with the trading officials at Collingwood. For Neil Balme to come out and say "where's the individual's right?" Referring to Ash stopped by Brisbane (not trading) means that Eddie has sunk the boots in and wants things to happen. He is under pressure and is the coach, particularly if they mess up next year.
Yep, it'll be on for young and old if they miss out on the finals again next year.

They'd be mad to sack Buckley. The bloke knows his footy. Gets a bum wrap for his supposed persona. I met him and found him intelligent, engaging, self-effacing and personable.

spook said:
They'd be mad to sack Buckley. The bloke knows his footy. Gets a bum wrap for his supposed persona. I met him and found him intelligent, engaging, self-effacing and personable.

But can he coach ?

spook said:

And incredibly unlucky when it comes to being around AFL premierships..... But I agree, he is an undeserved easy target at times.

spook said:
I like what I see of Buckley when he speaks publicly but a mate of mine that played with him said he was a flog. Things and people change (and mate might have been the flog) but does the playing group buy-in? Have another poor season and the wolves will be at the door.

Midsy said:
I'd have Bucks over Hardwick any day.

Yeah right. Lose all our quslity players and bring in kids that aren't any good.
His a king dud.
Name one kid that has improved under him??

zippadeee said:
Yeah right. Lose all our quslity players and bring in kids that aren't any good.
His a king dud.
Name one kid that has improved under him??

Freeman when he goes to St kilda

Buckley Career Coaching Record
(was given best side in comp)
Games Coached 92
Wins 52
Losses 40
Draws 0

Win % 56.5%

Regular Season Coaching Record
Games Coached 88
Wins 51
Losses 37
Draws 0
Win % 58.0%

Finals Coached 4
Wins 1
Losses 3
Draws 0
Win % 25

D Hardwick Games Coached 135
Wins 66
Losses 67
Draws 2
Win % 48.9%

Malthouse's last 6 yrs at cwood
2006 Collingwood Magpies 23 14 9 0 60.9% finished 5
2007 Collingwood Magpies 25 15 10 0 60.0% finished 6
2008 Collingwood Magpies 24 13 11 0 54.2% finished 8
2009 Collingwood Magpies 25 16 9 0 64.0% finished 4
2010 Collingwood Magpies 26 20 4 2 76.9% finished 1
2011 Collingwood Magpies 25 22 3 0 88.0% finished 1

Buckley since after being given a grand final team, thx Uncle Eddie but I'm slowly breaking it
2012 finished 4
2013 finished 6
2014 finished 11
2015 finished 12

Can only imagine Balme's comments r only going to *smile* Brisbane off even more than they r now....regarding trading Aish!

im pretty convinced Aish will go to draft, they just have to do it, so many of their kids have taken off and left them with little option but take unders... they do need to lose out on this one foe the future...

Midsy said:
I'd have Bucks over Hardwick any day.

Dimma has taken us from a rabble to 3 finals in a row (he never gets much credit for that) Bucks has taken over a premiership side , half of them have left & they haven't made the finals for the past 2 season