Dreamtime - Our first win | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dreamtime - Our first win

Jack said:
With Port ( away ) and StK ( should bounce back soon ) after this week, its not looking too good for us then. ;D

Yep, it's time we seriously faced the fact that we may not be a top 4 team this year

Jack said:
Hey don't forget the pre season final against Port in 2002. Remember we made the finals in 2001, pre season final in 2002, then huge win against Coll in round 1 of 2002, so we looked like we were a team to be placed at the top end of the ladder, and then it at went to sh!t from there.

I forgot about the 2002 pre-season final.....maybe coz it was a boring game at Docklands. ;D

After Round 1 in H&A season, we 'schizoed' into mediocre again......strange!

I wish I had waited until the Jacko verdict came in before starting this thread. I don't think we have much chance without him in the team.

as someone mentioned in the dedicated thread, if he was going to get three weeks then he may as wells have connected properly. I doubt he would have got much more.

We beat them in 83 when Dan Foley kicked 4 or 5 at Windy Hill.
We burnt a game on Easter Monday in 91, when seemingly in control for most of the day.
Did we beat them in October 2002 in London, to claim the AFL World Cup?

Skills said:
We beat them in 83 when Dan Foley kicked 4 or 5 at Windy Hill.
We burnt a game on Easter Monday in 91, when seemingly in control for most of the day.

I think Richo captained ! I recall him holding up a trophy, very happy.

Skills said:

Aye we did, think it was '02....I was there, t'was a great day.....even though it was a nothing game, was great to beat the pr*cks. Think it was at the Oval. Distinctly remember my Paddy missus at the time being poleaxed right in the middle of the back by an errant sherrin in the post match pandemonium out on the hallowed turf....

23.21.159 said:
Easter Monday, 1982 - best of the lot!

Sat on the concrete steps between the seats, couldn't see the game from anywhere else.

Getting close on Sunday flattered us. Terrible standard. Think we might revert to a 40-50 point loss.

TIGEREXTRA said:
Cuz might be back to offset Jacko.

Sadly not really a substitute, Cuz being pretty outside these days and not running out games like he used to. If he could get even last year's Cuz back that would be a bonus, but he's not playing at that level.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Sat on the concrete steps between the seats, couldn't see the game from anywhere else.

Getting close on Sunday flattered us. Terrible standard. Think we might revert to a 40-50 point loss.

Those were the days when the ground would be 70 percent full at 1pm.

Now everyone rocks in at the last minute.

a big strong mature body with elite stamina and fitness cant be replaced easily. jacko is gonna be a massive loss

LidsBling&Cotch said:
a big strong mature body with elite stamina and fitness cant be replaced easily. jacko is gonna be a massive loss

Pump some steroids into Jordy and give him a go. ;D