Dreamtime - Our first win | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dreamtime - Our first win

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Without wanting to steal BFTG's thunder here, but I have a sneaky suspicion that we could do this one.

The boys will have some new found confidence and belief in their game.
Essendon are so up and down this year that there's a good chance they'll be down this week especially as they are expected to win.

We tend to beat Essendon with uncanny regularity.

The knowledge that everyone expects them to win compounded by the fact they know we always do well against might just be enough to give us our first win of season 2010.

While I would have been happy to just win 1 match this year if it was Round 1, a win this week might be the next best thing.

Baloo said:
Without wanting to steal BFTG's thunder here, but I have a sneaky suspicion that we could do this one.

The boys will have some new found confidence and belief in their game.
Essendon are so up and down this year that there's a good chance they'll be down this week especially as they are expected to win.

We tend to beat Essendon with uncanny regularity.

The knowledge that everyone expects them to win compounded by the fact they know we always do well against might just be enough to give us our first win of season 2010.

While I would have been happy to just win 1 match this year if it was Round 1, a win this week might be the next best thing.

How ironic that boysfromtheg stayed quiet last week when we actually came close to winning. He must be a jinx.

Ban him for 14 weeks. ;D

Now were talking. I would love it if we won this one...... Maybe Polo could be BOG. Would like that ALOT!!!

Bad week to lose Jackson when his slightly better twin brother, Jobe, plays for the other team

Sorry Baloo.. I got that feeling last week but not this week...
They will run us around and create to much space where we cannot fill.
Their forward run will kill us and so will their ruck department...

But will be there Saturday night still cheering the Tigers all the way till the end..

B2

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Bad week to lose Jackson when his slightly better twin brother, Jobe, plays for the other team

We haven't lost him yet. We'll find out soon enough if the gods are smiling down on us.

I don't think we have enough dangerous goal kicking options to cause Essendon any trouble. Riewoldt, Nahas then the job is left to the midfielders. Essendon are better than Hawthorn. We will see I guess.

Vs the Kamakaze Bombers.Hmmmmmmmmmm our defensive side of the game has improved enough to at least put them under pressure.Thats where we will get them.They don,t have the skill to pinpoint passes like the top sides do.We are a chance if we stick to the above.

It's amazing though, Go on the Bumbers forum site and how now all of a sudden they are scared of this game..

If Richmond wins only one game for the year, this is the one l would like..

They are my worst hated team ATM and to put them ahead of Collingwood is how much i hate them..

B2

B1 and B2 said:
It's amazing though, Go on the Bumbers forum site and how now all of a sudden they are scared of this game..

That's the beauty of this game. They are red hot favorites after rolling the Saints last weekend but their fans are a lot more worried about this match than we are. Let's hope the players on both sides reflect their supporters.

If the intensity of last Sunday is repeated, we'll at least be competitive. To win we would need extra forward options. That's why I'd still bring Morton back, even though his form in the VFL has been average and play Edwards as a forward pocket (actually think he goes ok up forward).

Shame Troy Taylor isn't fit yet (although realistically he's another 12 months away).

Baloo said:
That's the beauty of this game. They are red hot favorites after rolling the Saints last weekend but their fans are a lot more worried about this match than we are. Let's hope the players on both sides reflect their supporters.

Baloo if some of our players ever reflected like us supporters they would of won more games over the last 10 years..

B2

They really are worried.....

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56223&st=0

Baloo said:
They really are worried.....

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56223&st=0

Bumber fans are overrating their win against the slumping Saints.

I hope we smash those Black and Red scum, especially after what they did to us in Morwell!

wayne said:

I hope we smash those Black and Red scum, especially after what they did to us in Morwell!

Yeah and when they beat us in Shepparton in 2003..

B2

For some reason they seem to think we always lift against them..
Unless i am mistaken most of our recent wins have been when we have finished higher on the
ladder , their arrogance is astounding..

Sorry. If we can't beat the next 2 current worst teams in the league the last 2 weeks, can't see us winning this one.

Still can't see a win all year.

Quote from: wayne on Today at 04:39:36 pm

B1 and B2 said:
Yeah and when they beat us in Shepparton in 2003..

B2

How about that smashing in '48 out back of the colac primary school shelter sheds??.......has that one ever been avenged ?