Don't support Carlton - do not spend money at the venues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Don't support Carlton - do not spend money at the venues

Tiger Rob said:
From the Richmond site....

There has been speculation in recent weeks about the operation of the Royal Oak Hotel.

Currently the Royal Oak is being operated by the Richmond Football Club and we therefore encourage our members and supporters to continue to support the venue.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/94261/default.aspx

Just quoting this so more people might read it...

Is the key word in that Richmond statement "currently"?

i.e. the deal hasn't been signed yet? Does anyone know?

If that's the case, you'd still have to boycott the joint regardless.

You'd hate to think 1 cent of your money was going to Carlscum!

Definately boycott the Royal Oak. Question, is there another pub in Tiger Land to replace it? The Nash is up for grabs, but will cost s**t loads to refurbish.

Pretty sure the club will be hosting and showing all interstate games from 2011 onwards in one of the new functions rooms that'll form part of the new re-development at Punt Road. Couldn't think of a better place to watch to be honest, plus all bar sales will go directly to the club.

I know it's not a revenue maker like the pokies but at least it gives all tiger ferals a good option.

Going to a venue with pokies is depressing.
Poker machines are great at wealth redistribution from the lower classes to the upper class.
I wouldn't bother with the Royal Oak or any other Matheson venue.