Don't support Carlton - do not spend money at the venues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Don't support Carlton - do not spend money at the venues

*smile* im in trouble then

spent over $1000 on beer at commercial in werribee
put more than $2000 though the TAB
Spent more than $500 of food there

and the TAvern ive spent thousands, gees i hope he doesnt own the nightclub that is nextdoor to it.
he would be missing my turnonver right now

Odduna said:
I thought ALH was part owned (around 50%) by Woolworths, parent company of *smile* Smith....

I read that. It's all a bit strange.

My protest wouldn't be noticed too much. I've only been in 4 of those venues and even then only once or twice.

Odduna said:
I thought ALH was part owned (around 50%) by Woolworths, parent company of *smile* Smith....

Indeed it is but 50% or thereabouts is owned by Bruce the Goose.

When you spend money there you don't get to choose which owner will get a cut.

Odduna said:

they should be worried if Bruce the goose is making decisions on their behalf to benefit his footy team as opposed to sound impartial business decisions.

Odduna said:

That's correct, however Woolworths owns the bottleshop side of things, ie. BWS bottleshops while BLM (Bruce Mathieson) owns the pokies, bistro's and bars. So basically you can buy your grog from BWS but don't see foot in the venues!

Newman said:
That's correct, however Woolworths owns the bottleshop side of things, ie. BWS bottleshops while BLM (Bruce Mathieson) owns the pokies, bistro's and bars. So basically you can buy your grog from BWS but don't see foot in the venues!

The ALH website says otherwise if you take a look.

mld said:
The ALH website says otherwise if you take a look.

I haven't had a look however my post was based on the fact that I once managed an ALH venue (I worked for the company for 9 years), prior to and during the BLM takeover. At that time, and the 12 months of I worked for BLM - my earlier post was definately the agreement between BLM and Woolworths.

Not sure on the scenario these days so you're probably right.

Either way, I agree with the OP - don't step foot in the scums venues.

Newman said:
I haven't had a look however my post was based on the fact that I once managed an ALH venue (I worked for the company for 9 years), prior to and during the BLM takeover. At that time, and the 12 months of I worked for BLM - my earlier post was definately the agreement between BLM and Woolworths.

Not sure on the scenario these days so you're probably right.

Either way, I agree with the OP - don't step foot in the scums venues.

Sorry, my post was a bit rude. You might be right, I'd like it clarified. The ALH website says it includes retail sales from BWS and Dan's, but ALH aren't listed as the liquor licence holders for the couple of Dan's that I have checked up.

smasha said:
Carlton=crooks.

Definitely. As far as I'm concerned, no ALH company will get my money, no ALH / Woolworhts aligned bottleshop (including Dan's) gets my money, no Woolworths / Safeway gets my money whilst they are in partnership with Mathieson. Won't directly boycott DSE, but it is unlikely that I would be buying anything from them anyway.

I know it is terribly quaint, but I'm going to send letters to everyone involved saying that I'm not going to buy from their businesses.

There's just two pubs in Morwell.

RFC not KFC said:
Morwell Hotel
Morwell

Most locals do not call this one the Morwell Hotel. It is better known as "The Top Pub". So if you're looking for a pub in Morwell, head for the recently re-opened Merton Rush. Or better still, head 20km south to the Yinnar Hotel and you might just catch me there on a Thursday or Friday late afternoon.

Used to go to the Excelsior in Thomastown regularly. Mathieson was there one afternoon. As he walk past I asked him to shout the boys a beer. Now what would it have cost him to get a six-pack out of the fridge for some regulars? Sweet FA! He declined. I can only say he is a greed, fat, capitalist #$%@! The good Lord works in mysterious ways. May God forgive me, but I hope it's not too long before he ends up where their previous crimminal of a president is now. Fat lot of good his squillions will do him there. Dog!

Lots of great pubs here in Chiang Mai to drink in and non of them returns a cent towards the greedy corrupt filth

...well the local constabulary gets a fare share out of them.

From the Richmond site....

There has been speculation in recent weeks about the operation of the Royal Oak Hotel.

Currently the Royal Oak is being operated by the Richmond Football Club and we therefore encourage our members and supporters to continue to support the venue.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/94261/default.aspx

Seems the individual publican is being eliminated, very sad IMO. The riviera hotel seaford for me it looks like.

Somebody should do a bit of investigating and come up with a list of drinking venues where current or ex-Tiger players are involved.

Daffy was never my favourite but I spent a good deal of my youth drinking, piddling and poaching in some of his bars.

Would not be caught dead in those joints... Definitely won't be contemplate it now...

The whole club, song, jumper & cheating makes me sick