Dimma On the Couch tonight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dimma On the Couch tonight

Hayfever said:
He put to bed the crazy notion some people had about Tucky not being wanted at Punt Road. Hardwick rated him BOG against Port.
There was no crazy notion,we tried to trade him.

I found his comments in regard to Tuck interesting when contrasted with his comments on Morton:

IIRC:

With Tuck he was kept at VFL level to work on some deficiencies. Same with Morton.

Stated that Tuck was a tenacious player and basically forced his way back into the side.

Stated that Morton was clearly in our best 22 and will be an important player for the Tigers once he works out his deficiencies (attacking issues, not defensive, interestingly).

I basically read that as that Tuck has worked his way into the 22 and his efforts have kept him there, whereas Morton hasn't been able to do that even though Dimma thinks he is probably a more 'complete' player.

Re the comments on Morton. I read into it that Morton has a habit of using the forward line to create goals for himself and not for others in the team. Meaning he plays selfishly. I could be wrong. But I would actually agree with that sentiment. Mitch could learn a thing or two by how the Geelong forwards play for each other and actively bring each other into the game.

But geez, I'm impressed with our coach. Honest, diligent, determined. I actually feel more optimistic about the future of the Tiges than I have in a while.

And re the outside mid comment, I agree with him and with Ty Esler's suggestion that a Stephen Hill type would be a great get for us in the next draft. Big opportunity here - compromised draft or not, remember that other clubs will have virtually no access to the Top 20 talent. We will.

SCOOP said:
Super impressive interview. Clearly understands where we are today and what we need moving forward.

Outside mids, spot on. We need Chance Batemans, Nick Stevens, Leigh Montagna, types. Have for years. We need skill and finishers.

A polished media perfomance from a coach on the rise.

Well said.

Djevv said:
Couldn't help thinking with his ouside mids statement that he really must not rate Jordy McMahon!
True. Then again, there's a difference between being an "outside mid" and being an "outside the pack skirter who tends to miss the side of a barn by foot" I suppose.

Poor Jordy - he's done and dusted. Wonder if GC will give him a crack. Certainly hoping he's the uncontracted player they sign! We should lobby hard for compensation from the AFL commensurate to what Geelong get for Ablett!

hopper said:
We should lobby hard for compensation from the AFL commensurate to what Geelong get for Ablett!

With 3 more years of experience we should certainly get at least Pick 19 back. After all, he's well rested.

hopper said:
True. Then again, there's a difference between being an "outside mid" and being an "outside the pack skirter who tends to miss the side of a barn by foot" I suppose.

Poor Jordy - he's done and dusted. Wonder if GC will give him a crack. Certainly hoping he's the uncontracted player they sign! We should lobby hard for compensation from the AFL commensurate to what Geelong get for Ablett!

Yeah Jordy is done going by Dimma's comments 'the balls in his court'. If at Round 10 he hasn't played a game it's pretty obvious he's not in Dimma's long term plans :hihi it must be a damn hard situation for both of them, still, only 3 months to go for the both of them.

Tiger_4_Life said:
Yeah Jordy is done going by Dimma's comments 'the balls in his court'. If at Round 10 he hasn't played a game it's pretty obvious he's not in Dimma's long term plans :hihi it must be a damn hard situation for both of them, still, only 3 months to go for the both of them.

That's his problem...he's got no balls.