Dimma On the Couch tonight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dimma On the Couch tonight

Foxtrot said:
- Asked what we needed draft wise - mentioned outside line breakers interestingly

I was interested by that too - he mentioned how fast the game had got. It may not be popular here but if Astbury and Griffiths continue to show signs for the future I would be more than happy to get a Stephen Hill type with our first draft pick. Impact inside on-ballers seem pretty well taken care with Cotchin, Martin, Foley, Jackson etc.

Can't believe people missed the biggest thing, when they asked about Martins situation, he said that Martin is adamant that he is staying at Richmond and that Cameron and Nixon are doing the negotiations at the moment.

Ruthless Tiger said:
Can't believe people missed the biggest thing, when they asked about Martins situation, he said that Martin is adamant that he is staying at Richmond and that Cameron and Nixon are doing the negotiations at the moment.

Heard that but really thought to myself, what else could he say? He cannot say "we will look at Martin resigning at the end of next year" or "There s no way Richmond can match the offer"

B2

B1 and B2 said:
Heard that but really thought to myself, what else could he say? He cannot say "we will look at Martin resigning at the end of next year" or "There s no way Richmond can match the offer"

B2
Could have said something like we're confident that Martin will stay, but to come out and say that Martin is adamant he is staying to me says that Martin has no interest in leaving at all.

I hope he is right as my kids have already put him high on their best Richmond player list..

B2

Watched the interview.

Hardwick was very impressive.

Always confident & positive, never defensive.

Ruthless Tiger said:
Could have said something like we're confident that Martin will stay, but to come out and say that Martin is adamant he is staying to me says that Martin has no interest in leaving at all.

Did he really say that Martin was adamant he was staying? I thought he was saying that they were confident he would stay but maybe I missed it.

Barnzy said:
Did he really say that Martin was adamant he was staying? I thought he was saying that they were confident he would stay but maybe I missed it.
Watched in live and then went back and watched in question by question to give a review elsewhere and heard it clearly both times so I'm 95% certain that is what he said and was surprised that Sheahan missed it. The replay is on again at 11pm for those that want to see it again and if its shown that he didn't say it I apologise for getting peoples hopes up.

Ruthless Tiger said:
Watched in live and then went back and watched in question by question to give a review elsewhere and heard it clearly both times so I'm 95% certain that is what he said and was surprised that Sheahan missed it. The replay is on again at 11pm for those that want to see it again and if its shown that he didn't say it I apologise for getting peoples hopes up.

Watching it now again off IQ - "He's adamant he's staying, Craig Cameron and Ricky Nixon are in negotiations at the moment". "We're very confident he will stay". So you were spot on. Not done and dusted until pen is on paper though and naturally a coach will say these sort of things although does give me some confidence.

He put to bed the crazy notion some people had about Tucky not being wanted at Punt Road. Hardwick rated him BOG against Port.

Tigers of Old said:
Was at his bullocking best but Tuck's poor skills are not an issue in the wet
???

http://www.finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?TeamID=8

Phantom said:
Watched the interview.

Hardwick was very impressive.

Always confident & positive, never defensive.

Super impressive interview. Clearly understands where we are today and what we need moving forward.

Outside mids, spot on. We need Chance Batemans, Nick Stevens, Leigh Montagna, types. Have for years. We need skill and finishers.

A polished media perfomance from a coach on the rise.

Leysy was also happy to hear him say we need outside mids as our biggest priority.

Agree 100% with that.