Dimma On the Couch tonight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dimma On the Couch tonight

Foxtrot

Tiger Rookie
Oct 12, 2003
Bathurst NSW
for Foxtel / Austar users. I'll post a summary if no one else steps up.

No doubt Mike will get to find out why Jordy is being left out of the side.

So much for Dimma not liking doing media work like some suggested.

On the Couch is a better quality of "media" ;)

Hopefully the focus will be on our footy/future - rather than beating the dead drum on Cousins!

A stupid observation of Dimma and a very minor point, but I note how all the players refer to him as Damien in interviews. He would appear to be kind that would be referred to by his nickname, one of the boys. But from my experience in the workplace it is important to set standards, and one is respect through removing inappropriate language, slang, nicknames, etc. It does not remove the fun, and that was evident when the club were celebrating the win on Saturday singing the song together.

I just reckon Dimma has got his sh!t all together. And good for us.

If someone could post the interview on YouTube afterwards it would be much appreciated by those of us living overseas.

Cheers.

Fair dinkum, Noddy Sheehan just makes it up as he goes along. Hird pulled him up and reminded him about his article 6 weeks ago stating Ablett will stay, now Noddy claims "circumstances have changed" and Ablett is not happy.

This is a yawnfest.

Put on Dimma.

Waxing lyrical about opposition players.

Hope Sheisehan goes easy on Dimma.

Foxtrot said:
Off to a good start with a graphic on forwards this year featuring J. Reiwoldt with a St Kilda icon next to it.

Yep, noticed that. They were discussing the J-Pod and his lead of the contested marking this season. They compared him to the other leaders in the category, including J. Riewoldt with a St. Kilda icon next to his name ::).

Very impressive - spoke about how the focus was on developing players for the future. That Morton was in the best 22 but needed to work on some things and would be back in the team when he addressed those issues.

One great thing about a new coach is the chance to start fresh with blokes and I really like the way he has the time to think long-term. Also interested he mentioned Griffiths first when talking about getting games into young kids (along with Martin, Nason and Astbury). He loves Martin and was very confident about re-signing him - quote "he nearly assaulted four blokes on the weekend with his attack on the ball"

Spoke about how much he liked having Cousins around the club but was non-committal about his future.

Nothing too mind blowing. Damien a lot more assured and relaxed in front of the camera these days.

Talked about-

- Clarkson being the coach he learnt most from [looking at other sports tactically etc]
- Said he still pulls out "Pagan-isms" to players bewilderment [one specifically not fit for broadcast]
- Confident Martin will stay - negotiations taking place.
- Was asked what he would term success in 3 years time - wasn't to specific, just said getting games into Griffiths, Astbury, Martin etc now will see us come good.
- Asked what we needed draft wise - mentioned outside line breakers interestingly
- Said Jordy, Morton and Tuck all asked to work on stuff in ressies. Tuck has, Jordy hasn't [reading between lines a bit], said Mitch def in best 22.
- Wrapped up Simmo a bit re him getting a retirement game
- Wrapped up Cuz as a fella though re-iterated that his pre season wasn't good

Wasn't really much to listen to, if you missed it, do not worry... Standard same questions Jordan, Mortan, Cousin, with the same answers.

No spin from Hardwick, just a straight honest bloke...

B2