Did Cotchin Play | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Did Cotchin Play

It's a great debate: Newman is a cool captain in the Wayne Campbell mould and is a terrific choice at the moment with Foley the obvious back up. I agree that the mantle should be passed on to Cotchin over Deledio, but perhaps in 2-3 years time. Cotchin is a gun. There's no debate. The kid is organza silk.

27 possessions11 clearances playing against Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge and Sewell. And he just turned 20 and is finally getting some solid footy under his belt. Looking forward to what comes next for him

WesternTiger said:
Had one kicking error which i saw today and it still resulted in a goal!
IMO Cotch has lost probably 10 metres of penetration with his kicking which I think is a result of his injury.

Whether that strength returns over time, we can only hope.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
IMO Cotch has lost probably 10 metres of penetration with his kicking which I think is a result of his injury.

Assuming he fully recovers from injury there is no doubt he will get the strength back. Cotchin is the one player I am most excited to see deliver his unbelievable potential in the future. The one most important skill Cotchin has that only the class players have is the ability to know WHEN to offload the ball to a player in a better position. All class.

Being at the game its sometimes hard to see the clearance work. Just watched the replay and was great to see Cotch do so well in the middle with the clearances. Top stuff

Really liked seeing Cotch run with purpose yesterday. Have seen him trundle along in the past seemingly unsure where to go or what to do. Didn't see that at all against the Hawks. Knew what he was doing the whole time.

Can't wait to see him wearing #17 in the years to come.

Leysy Days said:
BOG.

After 20 years we at last have a player that has the fortitude to drag us back in it when things get tough. Dony anyone underestimate that.

Best game leysy's seen him play.

Add to that the best young player in the game. We are a lucky club.

Captain next year.

Good to have Hardwick and Clarkson agree with us as well LD!

Coaches' votes: round eight

Richmond v Hawthorn

10 Cotchin (Rich), 7 Newman (Rich), 5 Hodge (Haw), 3 Rioli (Haw), 2 Mitchell (Haw), 2 Deledio (Rich), 1 Jackson (Rich).

To be honest - I'm a little surprised that this post 'resurfaced'.

It was an innocent question raised 5 weeks ago when Cotchin was working his way back in.

I for one have always hoped that Cotchin would continue to develop into the superstar that he clearly can be.

Yesterday he took a really big step.

Cheers

WesternTiger said:
Good to have Hardwick and Clarkson agree with us as well LD!

Coaches' votes: round eight

Richmond v Hawthorn

10 Cotchin (Rich), 7 Newman (Rich), 5 Hodge (Haw), 3 Rioli (Haw), 2 Mitchell (Haw), 2 Deledio (Rich), 1 Jackson (Rich).

No suprise is it WT. Clear BOG.

ROLLS ROYCE said:

i think it will be conditioning moe than anything.

chopperjack said:
Really liked seeing Cotch run with purpose yesterday. Have seen him trundle along in the past seemingly unsure where to go or what to do.

...that must be due to fitness then.

That's interesting if you compare that description to a possibly injured Tambling right now as he also looks seemingly unsure and trundles along.

Leysy Days said:
No suprise is it WT. Clear BOG.
Finally completed watching the replay last night, he destroyed them out of the middle. I was a little suprised how hard he goes at it for a 'little bugger.'

Hawks mids still appeared physically a fair bit bigger than ours - cotch, foley, edwards (at times). Reckon Martin will compliment the Chimp and Axel pretty well in this regard by 2012.