Development | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Development

BIGNIGE said:
Agreed , Development takes months and years not weeks and months.

Agree with your agreement ;D

You practice something not so you can remember it, BUT SO YOU CAN"T FORGET IT, in the heat of battle. Ask any soldier! It has to be as natural as doing anything you do without thinking about the process - like typing on PRE ;D

Phar Ace said:
Agree with your agreement ;D

You practice something not so you can remember it, BUT SO YOU CAN"T FORGET IT, in the heat of battle. Ask any soldier! It has to be as natural as doing anything you do without thinking about the process - like typing on PRE ;D

Well said Pharace.
I have not been to a training session this year, but I would bet (your) left nut that the required pressure and intensity is not present at training.
It simply cannot be because we cannot hit target on game day.
Agree. Drill the basics until they are automatic. Then drill them again.
BIGNIGE said:
...........We must wait and give the coaching dept time to develope what they have and that time cannot be weeks but months and years.

I can't wait another five years to find that Hardwick can't do what Wallace, Frawley, Geischen etc could not do.
I am not asking for him to turn Post into Richo overnight......I just want him to get players to improve their percentage of targets hit WHEN NOT UNDER PRESSURE, do I really have to wait years......again?

The kids are still raw but the more often they play the less pressure they will feel. I dont think hitting the target is our biggest worry at the moment, its purely mental application. We need four quarters of solid stuff strung together to get something going.
Confidence plays a big part and its no shock to see us getting steamrolled in certain quarters once the heads are dropped.
Fundemental skills have more to do with pressure in the head than ability to perform a skill, you can get as many goes at it at training but on match day, with real fatigue its a different story.