DELIEDO AND COTCHIN CO CAPTAINS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DELIEDO AND COTCHIN CO CAPTAINS

Scribblar said:
Lids and Cotchin are wallflowers. Neither says 'boo!' out on the field.
Neither is an example of a bloke you'd let lead you into war.

Give it to Foley, until Dusty gets a couple more years under his belt.

Captain Martin can hold up the next RFC Premiership.

Solved!!

:clap ;)

Not sure I'd call it solved. But some good points - I'd like a Captain that INSPIRES, not just aspires ;). It's a real effort to inspire if you don't use a voice, not impossible, but requiring a uniquely talented individual.

Deledio is not a good fit IMO - be distracted easily by his own reflection.
Cotchin has to develop first as a player.
Foley does have very good attributes, has good voice, leads by example - not sure on his standing in the team.
Martin is certainly an heir-apparent, but has many seasons ahead of him yet before going there.
Daniel Jackson, has positive traits of leadership, appears to have good standing, but may not be skillful enough.
Richard Tambling is probably struggling to centre his game, but don't discount him - has great standing and maturity.
Jack Reiwoldt has stood out like a captain beacon for me for at least 12 months - ticks most boxes, just consistency holds him back.

ZeroGame said:
The one game Deledio has played as captain he got 36 disposals, 2 goals 7 tackles and 2 brownlow votes in a side that lost by 7 goals
Based on that performance I wouldn't mind seeing if he can do that regularly

Thats what I meant when I said Deledio needs the role more than it needs him, it would do wonders for his game.

Phar Ace said:
Not sure I'd call it solved. But some good points - I'd like a Captain that INSPIRES, not just aspires ;). It's a real effort to inspire if you don't use a voice, not impossible, but requiring a uniquely talented individual.

Deledio is not a good fit IMO - be distracted easily by his own reflection.
Cotchin has to develop first as a player.
Foley does have very good attributes, has good voice, leads by example - not sure on his standing in the team.
Martin is certainly an heir-apparent, but has many seasons ahead of him yet before going there.
Daniel Jackson, has positive traits of leadership, appears to have good standing, but may not be skillful enough.
Richard Tambling is probably struggling to centre his game, but don't discount him - has great standing and maturity.
Jack Reiwoldt has stood out like a captain beacon for me for at least 12 months - ticks most boxes, just consistency holds him back.

Having Jackson as Captain would be like having a mad cattle dog leading the pack(team). You wouldn't know if a leader with his mind on the job was going to lead the boys on any given Match day...or if a crazed lunatic who only wanted to crunch and get lost in the frenzy of combat while taking his mind off the job was going to be our Captain. And Jackson has good days, or big, big yip days, when nothing goes right. We can't have a rollercoaster as a Captain.

If Richard Tambling EVER becomes Captain of the RFC it will show that the powers that be who anoint him, have no idea. How can a player who has spent all his career so far being unaccountable...all of sudden be asked to lead a team? His Vice-Captain would need to be a hypnotist. And that's sad.

Jack R is his own worst enemy. Comes out some days switched on, some days he looks like the lead actor in 'Life on Mars'. Players would listen to him and respect him, but he needs to even out those dud days.

I don't necessarily believe my want for Martin as Captain, as being realistic.
In true Richmond fashion we'll give it to another 'also ran'.
I'm just hoping because I feel like I've seen all that the other candidates have to offer.

I want so badly for Dusty to be like a Nathan Buckley in the way he was a General for his club as a Captain.

But then again, I also want more big bodied blokes at the RFC going forward, built more like ex-player Jurica (but better players of course) at the club.
But I'll ask Santa for that at the end of the year!
;D

Panthera Tigris said:
Nah, more likely the Martin that we take with a father son pick in the 2033 draft :hihi

;D let me just calculate my age by then, hmm could be touch and go.