DELIEDO AND COTCHIN CO CAPTAINS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DELIEDO AND COTCHIN CO CAPTAINS

It would be nice if you posters could actually spell "Deledio" correctly.
He's one of our best players for God's sake.

Shers said:
It would be nice if you posters could actually spell "Deledio" correctly.
He's one of our best players for God's sake.

guess people are putting in as much effort spelling deledio's name as he does on the field...

Deep Throat said:
guess people are putting in as much effort spelling deledio's name as he does on the field...

I wouldn't go there.

I just don't see him sticking around (although i hope he does). Plenty of interest in him, and i was happy the club and Lids were able to agree terms last year. If we dont make some serious strides forward, the other offers maybe too tempting next time round

I would like to see Cotchin concentrate on his own game. To date, he has shown us flashes, but hasn't really had a breakout game or games as yet. I know he has struggled with injuries, but for now, I would prefer he concentrate on becoming the player we all know he can be rather than burden him with leading the worst football team in the land.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
I would like to see Cotchin concentrate on his own game. To date, he has shown us flashes, but hasn't really had a breakout game or games as yet. I know he has struggled with injuries, but for now, I would prefer he concentrate on becoming the player we all know he can be rather than burden him with leading the worst football team in the land.

I disagree. I have heard Cotchin speak a number of times and I have seen him direct on the ground. I think you choose the ones it comes naturally to. Players like Cotchin, who have immense awareness on the ground, also tend to be excellent captains. Cotchin has been progressing very well. Not yet getting infinite possessions due to being eased in die to injuries, but what he does with the ball on most occassions is a delight to watch.

Lids would be a good captain IMo...this leadership ability thing is crap!

Cotchin needs to impact games for 4 quarters before he gets the gig...

Chocco said:
I think Deledio needs the role more than the role needs him. It will push the responsibility onto him and lift his intensity as a player.

Based on my own personal experiences, I wasn't the hardest worker or most dedicated on the track, but once I was given the responsibility of captaincy it forced the issue onto me, you are suddenly in the spotlight and need to set the standards. I believe it will fast track his development, Grant Thomas was onto something when he had the captain rotation system, it gives the player experience you can't teach.
just mwhat I was thinking :clap

amcre said:
Lids would be a good captain IMo...this leadership ability thing is crap!

Cotchin needs to impact games for 4 quarters before he gets the gig...

So by this time next year then...thanks for your support for Cotchin.

The one game Deledio has played as captain he got 36 disposals, 2 goals 7 tackles and 2 brownlow votes in a side that lost by 7 goals
Based on that performance I wouldn't mind seeing if he can do that regularly

shamekha said:
depends on how what you look for in a captain
Well at the very least, I would think most people would look for an unselfish, accountable footballer for a start.

tannerztigers said:
On what proof

I dunno, how about 90% of his games since he's been captain?

Lids and Cotchin are wallflowers. Neither says 'boo!' out on the field.
Neither is an example of a bloke you'd let lead you into war.

Give it to Foley, until Dusty gets a couple more years under his belt.

Captain Martin can hold up the next RFC Premiership.

Solved!!

:clap ;)