Daniel Chick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Daniel Chick

I haven't read the impression (albeit limited) from Hawthorn that they wanted him gone. Dermott spoke highly of him and apparently Hawthorn offered many concessions for him to stay.

Karl langdon gave Chick a huge whack over his comments . Langdon of course is part of the same WA media that claimed to be blidsided by the revelations of Cousins et. al . Everybody knew what was going on at the Eagles but the local media were to scared of being locked out and only having the Dockers to report on . Remember it wasn't until Andrew Rule lifted the the lid on the whole sordid affair that the WA media crawled out from under whatever rocks they were hiding .

Langdon's whack reminded me of Spike MyVein's whack at Kyle Reimers

Baloo said:
Langdon's whack reminded me of Spike MyVein's whack at Kyle Reimers

Yep. When they wheel out hacks like Langdon to do a character assassination it just makes my think that Chick is right on the money.

Tigertough1974 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if he has lost the lot and is now looking for a pay day with this type of information... IMO its not about shutting your mouth its about opening it

he looked like he'd lost the lot and yr probably right TT, which makes the bloke even more of a slob.

Whilst we may rightly rail at Chick's rantings, West Coast did sweep things under the table. They let the behaviour go on and ignored the issues. Then when things go wrong, they get thrown out. Players probably see themselves as bulletproof and that the club will deal with things that get a bit out of hand. Now they can't because people know things and speak out.
So they need to ensure that whilst they develop as players they need to develop as human beings. They can't be 18 forever.