Daniel Chick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Daniel Chick

se7en said:
what's the full story? Was he trying to smuggle drugs across the country or was it for his own use?

Allegedly found in his bags at Perth airport following a flight from Singapore.

A Customs and Border Protection spokeswoman said a 33-year-old Perth man "is being investigated ... for attempting to import performance and image enhancing drugs through Perth Airport."

Customs said the man was stopped for questioning after arriving back in Australia and his baggage was subsequently searched.

Sources said the man had been the subject of a long-running surveillance exercise.

Link

They don't seem to be doing a lot for enhancing his image. I would ask for my money back.

Daniel Chicks story in the news today today re the drugs scandal at the WCE.

2 things:

1: it'd be nice if he he took more responsibility himself

2: he's been enjoying a bit of tucker in his retirement.

tigertim said:
Daniel Chicks story in the news today today re the drugs scandal at the WCE.

2 things:

1: it'd be nice if he he took more responsibility himself

2: he's been enjoying a bit of tucker in his retirement.
And even though the article suggests he wasn't paid for the story - it's a bit too convenient to think that money wasn't handed over to someone and that Chicky might end up with a fair whack of that.

Why today on almost the GF eve. Surely, if he had a story to tell then why not wait until after the GF. Hope it does not affect the current Weagles team on Saturday.

Perfect time for the media to gain maximum impact from rehashing the scandal.
Not really anything that people didn't already know or believe for years, except for the Wet Coke official spokesman. That Sgt *smile* bloke, comes out once again. I know nothing, I see nothing. Musta never happened, obviously.

Was all exposed in Cousins book, really wasn't anything surprising in the story but he does make a valid point in respect to the hierarchy turning a blind eye.

I thought part of the timing is its one year since he's been clean.

I feel sorry for the players that busted their gut to win a flag and then these tossers come out and put everyone under a bus.
Knob

When Chick was traded from the Hawks to WC there was plenty of talk that the had issues with party substances and Hawthorn wanted him gone.

tigerlove said:
Was all exposed in Cousins book, really wasn't anything surprising in the story but he does make a valid point in respect to the hierarchy turning a blind eye.

Did Cousins mention team officials being involved? That to me is the big part. Essentially the 2006 premiership was won via perf enhancing drugs facilitated by team officials.

Having said that Chick plays the victim way too much in the story, there's no way he's as much of a victim as he portrays.

saw Chick on the TV last night. he looks like an old party-head. what a slob, and he's making ill timed slob comments.
gotta learn in life when to keep your mouth shut.

artball said:
saw Chick on the TV last night. he looks like an old party-head. what a slob, and he's making ill timed slob comments.
gotta learn in life when to keep your mouth shut.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has lost the lot and is now looking for a pay day with this type of information... IMO its not about shutting your mouth its about opening it

SCOOP said:
I know for a fact that Chick suffered very bad asthma

According to Chick, that was the loophole that allowed him to take certain "stuff" legally.

Cookie said:
Hope he gets his life back on track and there is some sort of support to help him from the eagles

Lack of support from the club in comparison to that given to Cousins is rumoured to be the driver behind Chick going to the media.

yandb said:
When Chick was traded from the Hawks to WC there was plenty of talk that the had issues with party substances and Hawthorn wanted him gone.

correct- my ex worked there....along with about 10 other players, wont mention names (half of them got traded)