Daniel Chick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Daniel Chick

Casts some shadow of doubt over his career.

wbEAGLESchick.jpg

what's the full story? Was he trying to smuggle drugs across the country or was it for his own use?

Total Tiger said:
Somehow not that surprised. ::)

Exactly. Remeber when all those rumours were flying around about Eagle druggies. I remember when there was rumour of several arguments (some turned into brawls). There seemed to be 2 camps, the Judd/Embley/Glass camp & the Benny/Chick camp, with Kerr fighting both groups.

Could be true and wouldn't be shocked if it was but I know for a fact that Chick suffered very bad asthma and was prone to getting chest infrections and had a sub standard immune system from very early in his footballing life. But on the flips side his off field, his party antics are well known.

Googstar said:
Exactly. Remeber when all those rumours were flying around about Eagle druggies. I remember when there was rumour of several arguments (some turned into brawls). There seemed to be 2 camps, the Judd/Embley/Glass camp & the Benny/Chick camp, with Kerr fighting both groups.

You have to give them credit.

They were a bunch of druggies and headcases and still managed to stay on top for 3 seasons. That midfield was amazing to watch.

Total Tiger said:
Somehow not that surprised. ::)

I'm mates with Chicky and believe me, it ain't funny.

Good guy got caught up with wrong crowd, it is terrible news.

Wish you all the best Arthur..... :(

There was always specutlation surrounding Chickie in his last year playing but he seemed to avoid it cause he was retiring. Hope he gets his life back on track and there is some sort of support to help him from the eagles

Cookie said:
There was always specutlation surrounding Chickie in his last year playing but he seemed to avoid it cause he was retiring.
He wanted to go on but West Coast refused to offer a new deal

SCOOP said:
Could be true and wouldn't be shocked if it was but I know for a fact that Chick suffered very bad asthma and was prone to getting chest infrections and had a sub standard immune system from very early in his footballing life. But on the flips side his off field, his party antics are well known.

Steroids dont help the immune system they weaken it and cause immunosuppression.