Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

He may coach again, but I think it wouldn’t be until 2025. That gives him a good break and time to get his head around everything.

Reactions: 1 user
Balme said Dimma is genuine. is Flat and will take time awy. Fully expects and wants him to coach again. believes he will get an offer from somewhere that big it would be hard to turn down.
I dont think Dimma has anything planned. According to Balme the longer he is out the more attractive the offers will be. so you may not see him coach until 2025.
I reckon 2025 will be most likely or 26.

It will be shitt having him coach against us but most of his players will have gone by then.

Grimes, Nank, Broad Vlastuin, Marlion, KMac, Prestia and Tom will likely all be gone especially by 26.

Shai, Baker, Balta , Daniel and Short likely the only ones likely to still there from his special group of Premiership Winners.

Yeah but 180 degree change from coaching Richmond to having the AFL fall over themselves to help you succeed.

Pretty hard to sell Gold Coast Man though,

When the kids look around and see assembly of god pimps on human growth hormones road raging out of giant dodge pick-ups

Everywhere they look

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Pretty hard to sell Gold Coast Man though,

When the kids look around and see assembly of god pimps on human growth hormones road raging out of giant dodge pick-ups

Everywhere they look
Dont forget the Bolivian Marching powder on Uber delivery too.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Champion data had to come up with new generation stats after 2017 like Post clearance, Foward handball, metres gain etc after the style we introduced in 2017.
They couldn't work out why we were winning because all the stats they had, had us rated poor. Contested possession, kicking efficiency etc
Have a listen and if you can try to watch the video. Cornes is shattered Screenshot_20230524_185204_Samsung Internet~2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Meh. Been there done that. Next, but FFS don't take another 37 years to win the next one. Not a chance in hell I'll live long enough to see it happen.

Naaaahhhhh. Not really. Been a kinda numb couple of days with Dimma packing the suitcase n trundling out the door. Forever grateful to Dimma and the rest of the club for the joy of the last few years n three flags. Blessed enough to have enjoyed eight Tiger flags, even more blessed that the daughter, after 30 years of miserable performances and cursing me for many years for raising her as a Tiger got to enjoy these last three flags along with me.

The legends and champions may come and go, but the footy club will always be a part of me. Thanks for some mighty fine years of footy Dimma, but may you never coach a winning game against the Tiges should you get around to coaching elsewhere.

Reactions: 8 users
For those who watch Ted Lasso there are some very close resemblances of the RFC. And I am not just referring to the name.

It’s like I am watching a documentary of our club.

Reactions: 2 users
Meh. Been there done that. Next, but FFS don't take another 37 years to win the next one. Not a chance in hell I'll live long enough to see it happen.

Naaaahhhhh. Not really. Been a kinda numb couple of days with Dimma packing the suitcase n trundling out the door. Forever grateful to Dimma and the rest of the club for the joy of the last few years n three flags. Blessed enough to have enjoyed eight Tiger flags, even more blessed that the daughter, after 30 years of miserable performances and cursing me for many years for raising her as a Tiger got to enjoy these last three flags along with me.

The legends and champions may come and go, but the footy club will always be a part of me. Thanks for some mighty fine years of footy Dimma, but may you never coach a winning game against the Tiges should you get around to coaching elsewhere.
I’ll be 98 , not a problem

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I reckon 2025 will be most likely or 26.

It will be shitt having him coach against us but most of his players will have gone by then.

Grimes, Nank, Broad Vlastuin, Marlion, KMac, Prestia and Tom will likely all be gone especially by 26.

Shai, Baker, Balta , Daniel and Short likely the only ones likely to still there from his special group of Premiership Winners.
Vlastuin and Lynch win still be playing in 26, and most likely Broad , maybe Nank and Pickett. Prestia probably doubtful and KMac. And no Grimes.

We all assume he will but it will be very interesting to see if Dimma does coach again or goes to another football role.
Those stats that came out yesterday that only one pre-tried coach in the last 20 years has gone on to win a flag were eye opening.
Lightning very rarely strikes twice & the game moves quickly.
We've been very lucky to have him but I sure hope we've had the best of him too..

Reactions: 6 users
We all assume he will but it will be very interesting to see if Dimma does coach again or goes to another football role.
Those stats that came out yesterday that only one pre-tried coach in the last 20 years has gone on to win a flag were eye opening.
We've been very lucky to have him but I sure hope we've had the best of him too..
These stats do ignore that the 3 immediately previous to that were Leigh Matthews and before that plenty of experience has won it and that most coaches are at their first club.

I guess you can point to a few (including) successful ones that haven’t worked though. Pagan. Thompson. Lyon at freo. Ratten Etc.

That's why we haven't approached Alan Joyce

• Haha
These stats do ignore that the 3 immediately previous to that were Leigh Matthews and before that plenty of experience has won it and that most coaches are at their first club.

I guess you can point to a few (including) successful ones that haven’t worked though. Pagan. Thompson. Lyon at freo. Ratten Etc.
you would have to compare the strike rate of experienced coaches to first timers to be statistically valid.

you would have to compare the strike rate of experienced coaches to first timers to be statistically valid.
Yep I did that elsewhere (albeit roughly and needs to be done properly) back into the 60s and it was about the same if you include norm smith. (About 80% of coaches are first timers and they win about 80% of the flags) He is a bit of a swing one as he won quite a few at Melbourne after coaching Fitzroy.