Cotchin captain this week [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cotchin captain this week [Merged]

Re: Cotchin captain this week ?

I am pretty sure Lids is deputy vice Captain and he will be given the Job on Sunday. Would be nice if Hardwick took him aside and reminded him to lead by example and hopefully he will.

bowden4president said:
I am pretty sure Lids is deputy vice Captain and he will be given the Job on Sunday. Would be nice if Hardwick took him aside and reminded him to lead by example and hopefully he will.

Correct. A chance for him to "lead".

As much as I like Cotchin he doesn't deserve it.

No to Moore, Tuck, Simmonds etc.

Baloo said:
You thought Lids' effort last week is the example for the new kids to follow ?

Lids is a dud.....give it to cotch, jackson or martin

Simmo will captain on Sunday.
Being in the centre and barely able to run out of it will give him a bird's eye view of where to direct his fellow players

You're right - when he jumps early in the ruck he can have a good look around to see what the rest of the team is doing.

Tiger74 said:
you want to make a guy capt after 3 games?

well he does smash them all at training!! and constantly creams lids!!
was just hightlighting that there is no one with true leadership playing...bring back Axe!

daoula said:
well he does smash them all at training!! and constantly creams lids!!
was just hightlighting that there is no one with true leadership playing...bring back Axe!

axel is coming back from a long term injury, lets not do a Wallace and rush him back

as for martin, big difference between looking good on the training track and being a leader of men

Tiger74 said:
axel is coming back from a long term injury, lets not do a Wallace and rush him back

as for martin, big difference between looking good on the training track and being a leader of men

Again mate..please hightlight those..........we have NOTHING!!!! nothing so it makes no difference who it is!

IMO we have future leaders from Lids, Cotch , Martin, Riewoldt, Post and (will get murdered for this) Bling.

I believe these guys, given the responsibilty for leading the good ordinary players, can lift and lead us into a new decade of finals football.

They all need time to adjust and realise that if they do not do the job then it wlil not get done. They r the ones team-mates will be looking to for a lift in tough times.

Whether they measure up and take that next step remains to be seen.

Tiger74 said:

Agree, there was once a player by the name of Cleve Hughes, he looked good on & off the track but I didn't think he was captain material. ;D

The pressure of leadership can do strange things to a player.

It can make a man walk taller or buckle under the pressure.

Would be a good time to test Lids out in the role since the pressure is not as high (as with the expectations)

Give him a crack and see how he responds.

I thought he Captained a game last year against WCE. Entering the arena at half time Cuz gave him a shove to get him to lead the team out.

going along the lines of youth ......... my picks for captain would be

1. cotch
2. lids
3. daylight

Baloo said:
I thought he Captained a game last year against WCE. Entering the arena at half time Cuz gave him a shove to get him to lead the team out.
I think you're correct there Baloo!