Clarkson threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clarkson threads [Merged]

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Just announced on SEN Alistair Clarkson has been appointed Coach of Hawthorn for the next 2 years.Wonder how Dermie feels on his mate Ayres missing out & also the reaction of Don Scott.

Re: Clarkson gets Hawks job

They'll have to get him a step ladder or stilts. He must come close to being one of the smallest coaches ever.

didn't he have some "issues" at Werribee. Does anyone know anything about why he left there?

The only reason he was appointeda ahead of Ayres is because Ayres wanted a 3-4 year contract.
Hawthorn's No1 choice is Leigh Matthews.
His contract has 2 years to go at Brisbane.
Nothing is surer than Clarkson lasting only 2 years and the Hawks luring Matthews back to Hawthorn at the end of 2006.

I do know he King-Hit Ian Aitkin at The Oval in Lindon in a disgraceful incident. Then again Leigh Matthews was a king-hitter

I wasn't expecting that :eek: Oh well, now all the coaching jobs are filled there is no more boring reports on who might go where anymore.

tigerjoe said:
The only reason he was appointeda ahead of Ayres is because Ayres wanted a 3-4 year contract.
Hawthorn's No1 choice is Leigh Matthews.
His contract has 2 years to go at Brisbane.
Nothing is surer than Clarkson lasting only 2 years and the Hawks luring Matthews back to Hawthorn at the end of 2006.

Good pick up.
But if the Don Scott party get in there's a chance he'll be shown the door before he even starts. 8)

That's great news. Clears the way for Andy Collins to become an assistant coach at Tigerland.

Is that mail or wishful thinking in your opinion Phanto? Clarkson - so he was the HFC no.1 choice all along! Man, how did we get stuck with Plough and let him get under our guard?!?! LMAO

The Clarkson appointment gives me the opportunity to ask one of my PRE famous "Boss Trivia Questions".-

Who was the Richmond player who was suspended for 5 weeks for striking Alistair Clarkson in the early 90s?

For 24 years I've been living next door to "Alistair, Alistair, who the is Alistair!". ;D :D ;) :)

And it was Barry Young - a ripping elbow on a smarta#se trying to blind turn.  He then had to have therapy or counselling or something.

The Boss said:
The Clarkson appointment gives me the opportunity to ask one of my PRE famous "Boss Trivia Questions".-

Who was the Richmond player who was suspended for 5 weeks for striking Alistair Clarkson in the early 90s?

My guess was Tony Free :-\

hopper said:
Is that mail or wishful thinking in your opinion Phanto?  Clarkson - so he was the HFC no.1 choice all along!  Man, how did we get stuck with Plough and let him get under our guard?!?!  LMAO

No, just wishful thinking on my part.

I don't claim to know much about Alistair Clarkson's coaching credentials, but I can't imagine it's filling the Hawk's faithfuls hearts with joy and hope. He's not going to do great things for their membership next year either. Glad we got Wallace. ;D

Phantom said:
That's great news. Clears the way for Andy Collins to become an assistant coach at Tigerland.
I really think this is a great idea Phantom.Could be worthy of an email to the big guy from your good self.

He'd be a real coup.

hopper said:
For 24 years I've been living next door to "Alistair, Alistair, who the  is Alistair!". ;D :D ;) :)

And it was Barry Young - a ripping elbow on a smarta#se trying to blind turn.  He then had to have therapy or counselling or something.

well done Hopper, it was Barry Young who gave Clarkson a big elbow to the jaw that got him a 5 wk ban.

I must admit that I'm not Brendan Schwab's biggest fan, but thank god we don't have someone like Don Scott putting together the alternative ticket at Richmond, he's an absolute nut job.
On Talking Footy the way he conducted himself was attrocious, he'd give Clinton Casey a run on the ego measure.

evo said:
Phantom said:
I really think this is a great idea Phantom.Could be worthy of an email to the big guy from your good self.

He'd be a real coup.
Did e-mail same 2 years ago, last year, 2 weeks ago. Still no anouncement.