changes V west coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

changes V west coast

Nank gives Soldo a 50% chop-out. Chol not so much. Rest Soldo after that if necessary.

Castagna 0 tackles last night and I think that's not an isolated stat for him recently.

Recently?

He's never been a tackling player. Career average of 2.7 tackles a game. Jack Riewoldt goes at 2.2.

we need that third tall type at the moment don’t we?
We do. I would like to see the resting ruckman this week dropping back behind the ball to support our backs. That’s either Soldo or Nank. Caddy to come in for Castagna. And play the role of Chol.

Reactions: 2 users
Nank gives Soldo a 50% chop-out. Chol not so much. Rest Soldo after that if necessary.

Castagna 0 tackles last night and I think that's not an isolated stat for him recently.

Dropping Castagna and leaving the pressure acts just up to Aarts, Rioli & Stack would be a bad idea. Their form is no better and Castagna has proven it in big games before. These other three have not - especially Aarts & Stack.

As someone put it, the team is starting to get a "putting the band back together feel". Our only chance is that they can turn it around based on that previous success. Georgie stays for mine. I back him in against the Eagles, especially if the fwd line opens up a bit.

Stack & Aarts are the 2 that need to go. Both have no money in the bank for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Dropping Castagna and leaving the pressure acts just up to Aarts, Rioli & Stack would be a bad idea. Their form is no better and Castagna has proven it in big games before. These other three have not - especially Aarts & Stack.

As someone put it, the team is starting to get a "putting the band back together feel". Our only chance is that they can turn it around based on that previous success. Georgie stays for mine. I back him in against the Eagles, especially if the fwd line opens up a bit.

Stack & Aarts are the 2 that need to go. Both have no money in the bank for me.

George has had a very bad 4 weeks. Just 4 score involvements, no goals 1 behind, 1 goal assist, 4 tackles, just 12 contested possies in that time. Was slightly better last night but not much. Aarts has had 17 score involvements, 4 goals 8 tackles, 2 goal assists, 18 contested possies. He's simply working harder and getting into better positions so at this stage if one of those 2 have to go for me it's Castagna atm. Realistically Stack probably goes out before either of them but Castagna really does need to pull his finger out.

Reactions: 1 users
small backs baker, short relief houli v stack
small forwards george markov lambert relief rioli v aarts
hard mid cotchin martin relief graham v caddy
ruck soldo relief nank/lynch/miller (please recruiting... rucks over 2 metres that can & do jump against other rucks)
chol fwd pkt
in broad, nank/miller
out stack, aarts

Last edited:
Any chance that they will force lynch out it seems to be gathering momentum
if that happened chol stays and caddy comes back
If not then Castagna and Soldo for Broad and Nank
Did nana play in the scratch match how did he go

Lynch only at tribunal due to amount of fines,will get thrown out, barely touched him.

Reactions: 4 users
Stack out and not sure how he'll get back in with this current form and body language. Simply not up to it atm.

Markov has some handy attributes but just doesn't have the smarts or composure at this level. Would be surprised if he remains on out list next year to be honest.

Maybe Higgins for Aarts however I'd give Aarts another run personally

Outs: Stack, Markov, Chol
Ins: Nank, Broad, Higgins

***Chol to play if Lynch misses...absolute joke if he does

It’s going to be a very interesting week for selections. I recon lynch will cop it in the neck, for no good reason. So bring in nank and stick him up forward changing in the ruck. What about chol who has been underperforming for a couple of weeks? Do we chop him and bring in Dow for a furnace like debut? Do we keep chol in and hope he shows up? It’ll be a big ask for us to roll them but given their qld form and our ability to keep winning games against the odds we may snatch it off the puffed up pricks.

Lynch only at tribunal due to amount of fines,will get thrown out, barely touched him.
The media outcry will likely see him miss a week. We need to protect the games image after all.

With a five day break, Jack looked pretty sore, if he doesn't come up and if Lynch gets shafted by the tribunal, it could be quite a different looking forward line against the Eagles.
How sweet it would be to knock off the Eagles, and shut the ******* media up.

Last edited:
West coast games at QLD early this season were really poor.
Let’s hope that continues

Unbelievable , every time i go to qld it buckets down.
once again, clear, light winds expected for thurzdey night.