Changes v Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Saints

Out: Morris, Newman, Gordon(maybe), Vickers (susp. Maybe)
In: Lennon, Thomas, McJesus , (Lloyd?)

Going to be difficult to replace Edwards. Most likely have to find a replacement for Vickery. Would also like to drop Newman and Gordon, but not sure the depth is there in the ressies to cover five changes.

OUT: Edwards, Vickery, Morris
IN: Maric, McDonough, Lennon

Oh god. Listening to Hardwicks presser, he's going to try and fit Hampson and Maric into the side together. All the while lamenting that our kicking inside fifty was sub par. News flash Mr Hardwick : if you prioritise hardness and pressure and running over skills, your skills will look poor.
Similarly, if you don't select any forwards, you're going to have average running patterns leading to forward entries.
Out: Morris, Newman, Gordon, Hampson, Edwards (inj)
In: McBean, McDonough, Lennon, Maric, Knights.

Be surprised Hardwick, see what happens when you select skilled players with forward nous.

If we can carry Newman, Morris and Gordon, surely we can carry Lennon, Menadue and McDonough instead.

Can't see TV getting rubbed out. Losing Tich is a blow and I don't see a readymade replacement. Changes we must make are removing Newman and Morris from the team. I see Hampson being a little unlucky making way for Maric, McDonough and probably Mendaue or even Dea a possibility. Too early for Knights and from reports Lennon still has a way to go.

Coburgtiger said:
Oh god. Listening to Hardwicks presser, he's going to try and fit Hampson and Maric into the side together. All the while lamenting that our kicking inside fifty was sub par. News flash Mr Hardwick : if you prioritise hardness and pressure and running over skills, your skills will look poor.
Similarly, if you don't select any forwards, you're going to have average running patterns leading to forward entries.
Out: Morris, Newman, Gordon, Hampson, Edwards (inj)
In: McBean, McDonough, Lennon, Maric, Knights.

Be surprised Hardwick, see what happens when you select skilled players with forward nous.

I've been out, just read your post and was convinced we lost by 5 goals. Imagine what you would come up with if we had lost our 7th from 8 instead of our 7th win from 8.

Fair dinkum, we get some rubbish on match day.

Ins- Maric from suspension , bring in pace so I hope MacD, Menadue have good games tomorrow and McBean if Vickery suspended. Maybe Lloyd as the small forward option.

Outs- Gordon, Newman, Norris and if Vickery suspended? Edwards inj.

Notoriously play Etihad bad.Saints have pace and will trouble us! Maybe play a smaller forward line if they opt for no other tall accept Maric!

What others think?

Dimma will not make 4-5 changes to a winning side but those 3 were poor and we can't afford that against the Saints who will be playing out if their skins for Maddie their captains sister!

WesternTiger said:
Out: Morris, Newman
In: anyone who can get a touch!

Cannot carry two players every week.

Agree.

Edwards will be out injured, maybe the media will cost Vickery a game too.

For mine...
Out -- In
Morris - McDonough (tackles, gets possessions, kicks goals)
Gordon - Lloyd (natural forward who can crumb)
Newman - Menadue (pace, pace and good skills. Needs to believe he is there for this)

Out: Morris, Gordon, Edwards (injured)
In: Lloyd, Knights, McDonough or Menadue

Wanted to drop Newman but 4 changes to a winning side is overkill.