Changes for Wooden Spoon Game v Weagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Wooden Spoon Game v Weagles

Can't see Ryan replacing Lefau.
Like removing a HSV and replacing it with a Hino.

Lefau must go out. And one of Ryan or Naismith to come in and give Kosi help up forward and give Nank a chop out in the ruck. Lefau doesn't offer much.
He averages 5 disposals a game, 1 goal, 1.5 marks and 1.5 tackles. Have you seen him run down anyone with his supposed pace, taken any high marks at 195 cms tall. Comes from a rugby background but isn't a prolific tackler. His pressure is close to non-existent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
If the Weagles do win then we we know we are in the race for the wooden spoon this year. Will not be happy about that

The way we are playing we should comfortably beat them. if not for injuries V Carlton and Saints we would be 3W and 2L now.
Have a look at the Eagles team they are in for another tough year and likely wooden spoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The way we are playing we should comfortably beat them. if not for injuries V Carlton and Saints we would be 3W and 2L now.
Have a look at the Eagles team they are in for another tough year and likely wooden spoon.
Eagles will be pretty happy to jet another #1 pick this year they are quietly building the core of a young side that will have a sustained run at finals in a few years time.

Teams like the eagles rarely play at the level 2 weeks in a row
they had their 1 shot last round

Eagles will be pretty happy to jet another #1 pick this year they are quietly building the core of a young side that will have a sustained run at finals in a few years time.
Not sure about that with Simpson at the helm his got no idea.

Geez after all our honest toil we could lose this game and be a laughing stock.

Cruel sport.

Won’t worry me much either way as long as the kids keep getting games.

Reactions: 4 users
In: Baker, Grimes (if fit) or Ryan.
For something different try Grimesy as a defensive fwd, contest the pack and knock the ball down to Campbell, Shai, MRJ etc.
Agree that the backline is looking quite competent and should not be messed with.

In: Baker, Grimes (if fit) or Ryan.
For something different try Grimesy as a defensive fwd, contest the pack and knock the ball down to Campbell, Shai, MRJ etc.
Agree that the backline is looking quite competent and should not be messed with.
Backline is a sieve . Leaks. Old hands doing ok but Young & Miller struggling when old hands on the wings get caught out. Got to get some young legs on the wings. I would move Kmac to back pocket & play in a role Mrs Stewart plays at Catters .Pickett sub as he can play anywhere.

Lefau must go out. And one of Ryan or Naismith to come in and give Kosi help up forward and give Nank a chop out in the ruck. Lefau doesn't offer much.
He averages 5 disposals a game, 1 goal, 1.5 marks and 1.5 tackles. Have you seen him run down anyone with his supposed pace, taken any high marks at 195 cms tall. Comes from a rugby background but isn't a prolific tackler. His pressure is close to non-existent.
I get your point, but spitting averages out after 2 games is a bit odd, especially when he was subbed out for the first one.
3 touches against Sydney, 7 against St Kilda. He improved. Kinda what you'd want to see.
12 "pressure acts" against St swans, 9 v Saints.
Rioli has had 23 and 16 and he's meant to be one of the best in the league at it.
You put HMS Sampson in, I can't imagine he's going to keep that up. Sampson instead of Kosi - perhaps.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not seing the reason for adding Lefau given his age and scope for improvement (I think small). He stands 6'5, plus hasn't really played the way from what i've seen.
He looks so far (very limited viewing) as a good VFL player.
But in terms of team balance, we're shuffling magnets I think with that swap.

Huge danger game. If we don't go in with a full effort like the first four games, we are vulnerable.

Baker in, Dow out.

Reactions: 3 users
I get your point, but spitting averages out after 2 games is a bit odd, especially when he was subbed out for the first one.
3 touches against Sydney, 7 against St Kilda. He improved. Kinda what you'd want to see.
12 "pressure acts" against St swans, 9 v Saints.
Rioli has had 23 and 16 and he's meant to be one of the best in the league at it.
You put HMS Sampson in, I can't imagine he's going to keep that up. Sampson instead of Kosi - perhaps.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not seing the reason for adding Lefau given his age and scope for improvement (I think small). He stands 6'5, plus hasn't really played the way from what i've seen.
He looks so far (very limited viewing) as a good VFL player.
But in terms of team balance, we're shuffling magnets I think with that swap.

Fair enough and agree he's more a VFL player and I get your point though re balance and shuffling the decks but im not seeing why he should keep his spot based on his 3 games that I've seen.. Just to answer for the game where he got subbed V Port that was after playing almost 100 minutes.

Do we want him to play as a tall to take big contested marks and provide multiple contests to bring the ball to ground (which I haven't seen as yet) or do we want him to play small and use his pace, pressure hard, chass and harass and tackle which again I haven't seen this also. He is still finding his way but that should be found at reserves level and when he dominates at reserves level then sure give him a go again.

Ryan or Crayfish, ain't coming in to be a pressure player either of them would be coming in to make McGovern and Barrass accountable in the air and also provide a 2nd ruck option to Nank and keep Kosi forward.

Jeremy Finlayson has been suspended for three games by the AFL. He will also need to undertake education and pay for it himself.

Reactions: 1 users
There is no chance in the world Grimes is coming in and playing as a forward. If we are genuine about getting games into kids why on earth would we play a veteran backman up forward in what is most probably his final year? I can’t see how that benefits us in the long term.

If he plays it will be in his traditional role but my gut tells me we won’t be picking him.

I would bring in Baker for McIntosh or Graham assuming Dow and McAuliffe are fit. Lefau and Koschitzke stay in for now.

Reactions: 1 users