Can't wait til we play the Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can't wait til we play the Crows

Darren

Tiger Rookie
Jul 13, 2005
Gold Coast
Just had a look at the games this week when looking to do my tips, and noticed for the first time Adelaides percentage really is bad.
Yea, I know ours is worse, but geez, if they didn't get so close to Melbourne in Round 3, they'd be worse than us.
I can't wait till we play them in Round 7, beat the crap out of them on their home ground and get off the bottom
Then we'd have all the "Garry Lyons" of the world, giving them heaps instead of us.
Hopefully will give the kids in the team a bit of satisfaction, maybe, just maybe, some confidence too

Look out, the tanking brigade will start up demanding we lose to ensure Pick 4 and not Pick 6 in the draft.

Baloo said:
Look out, the tanking brigade will start up demanding we lose to ensure Pick 4 and not Pick 6 in the draft.

Yes, that would be the desired result.

If only we tanked last year when the "tanking bridage" was calling for it. We would've had an extra first-rounder this year when we win less than 4 games and finish last on top of the extra 2nd rounder last year. Oh well, guess the "tanking bridage" was wrong. :spin

Winning culture they cried. Oh please. :rofl :hihi

I guess that's where I struggle to understand the Tanking Brigade. Whenever the boys wearing the yellow and black take to the field, I want them to win. I couldn't imagine supporting a team and wanting them to lose.

You have to think what's best for the club going forward when talking about tanking Baloo not just I want to win every game.

What if Melbourne adopted your attitude last year? They wouldn't have both Scully and Trengove and if they could do it again I'm sure they would. I didn't get the non-tanking bridages argument of a "winning culture" and we should try and win every game. As I kept saying to them, what did winning the last 8 out of 11 in 2008 do for us? They didn't listen.

Like I said, I can't understand someone who wants the club they support to lose. It's such a foreign concept to me that sometimes I think people can't really be serious.

Maybe it's because I'm a fairly competitive person myself and always busted a gut to win when I played sport.

For every Melbourne you throw up, I'll give you a Geelong.

Barnzy said:
You have to think what's best for the club going forward when talking about tanking Baloo not just I want to win every game.

What if Melbourne adopted your attitude last year? They wouldn't have both Scully and Trengove and if they could do it again I'm sure they would. I didn't get the non-tanking bridages argument of a "winning culture" and we should try and win every game. As I kept saying to them, what did the winning the last 8 out of 11 in 2008 do for us? They didn't listen.

They are all seperate issues for a time when the objectives were seemingly different Barnzy. Tanking (or playing certain personel for experience) is not an issue for players and coaches - if it ever becomes one, you can roll this sport up and chuck it in the river mate.

Baloo said:
Like I said, I can't understand someone who wants the club they support to lose. It's such a foreign concept to me that sometimes I think people can't really be serious.

Maybe it's because I'm a fairly competitive person myself and always busted a gut to win when I played sport.

For every Melbourne you throw up, I'll give you a Geelong.

They did draft well without noticeably tanking I'll give them that but they also got their best player and the best player in the comp (Ablett) from a father son as well as Scarlett (their best defender and one of the best ever) as well as a few others from father sons. It's a bit different and not many clubs get that lucky thus they have to take full advantage of the drafting system.

I'm all for the tank. This season is shot. Blood the kids and reap pick 4 and lets get on with next year. Even off load the Tamblings, Rances, Jacksons etc to get us some more picks in the top 20-30 while we are at it.

Good. We wouldn't want to over achieve now would we. We all know where we're at. Adelaide should beat us anyway. There's no way I want them stealing our pick 4.

All the tank fans,should join the storm fans.Hollow victories.Give me a team that is a team,put together not by greed,not by cheating,just by hard work ,good coaching,smart recruiting anytime.

gold1 said:
All the tank fans,should join the storm fans.Hollow victories.Give me a team that is a team,put together not by greed,not by cheating,just by hard work ,good coaching,smart recruiting anytime.

I used to be in the winning camp and hated the tanking theory but sadly it seems the only thing that will give you more chance of climbing the ladder is breaking out the tank.....however the thing is that Richmond will be trying to win every game but we'll still struggle to notch 1 win on the board. I think the AFL might as well pay out pick 4 to us now much like sportsbet payed out on us for the spoon.

we haven't played well against adelaide for a while, that said dimma has a new style that may not have us lie down while they tickle our tummies, in addition to that, I expect we will continue to improve from this point with more experience in the side , return of foley, Cuz and now Jacko, Polo and Morton, coupled with that the crows couldn't beat an egg they have looked dreadful, only a brave man would put his life on them against anyone right now :hihi

Tiger_4_Life said:
I used to be in the winning camp and hated the tanking theory but sadly it seems the only thing that will give you more chance of climbing the ladder is breaking out the tank.....however the thing is that Richmond will be trying to win every game but we'll still struggle to notch 1 win on the board. I think the AFL might as well pay out pick 4 to us now much like sportsbet payed out on us for the spoon.
Tanking is a cop out.

gold1 said:
Tanking is a cop out.

Yeah tell that to Melbourne, Carlton, Hawthorn, St Kilda etc. How their supporters must rue the fact they didn't adopt Richmonds brilliant strategy of winning culture and winning at all costs, and to hell with the draft. I guess the fact they wallowed beneath us and then whizzed past is just an awkward coincidence and had nothing to do with their high draft picks. Love it or hate it, the tank works.

Was it Neil Craig who said they don't worry all that much about the draft? They just concentrate on the development of whoever they end up with.

And look where they are now!

Tygrys said:
Yeah tell that to Melbourne, Carlton, Hawthorn, St Kilda etc. How their supporters must rue the fact they didn't adopt Richmonds brilliant strategy of winning culture and winning at all costs, and to hell with the draft. I guess the fact they wallowed beneath us and then whizzed past is just an awkward coincidence and had nothing to do with their high draft picks. Love it or hate it, the tank works.
Melbourne no flag for decades,Carlton 3 spoons and a win loss ratio worse than ours since 2001,Hawks,yea won a flag,Saints 1966,yea the tank works.Ask Geelong,Sydney,West coast,Adelaide,Port Adelaide,and oh yea Brisbane.It works.