Campbell Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Campbell Brown

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Hate the Dawks but u have to love Campbell's aggression at the contest.

He also respects others as hard as him and paid Jacko a compliment in the post match interview.

Also seemed to acknowledge Whitey after the game after they clashed in the dying stages and Whitey kicked that great goal.

Nothing wrong with a five feet 10 inch tough guy. Would love him in our team.

Have no problem with his aggression. But when you sprint over and confront a guy that doesn't know what day it is because you just knocked him out.....nothing tough about that.

Very overrated thug with no skill or talent whatsover. An imposter in every sense of the word.

i can't stand the guy. i love his aggresion but would pay to see someone lay him out, then dance over him al la ali.

a mate of mine recently went to a sportsmans lunch mal brown was one of the speakers. and was bragging how his son has signed with the gold coast and he's his manager and he's getting 10%. what a flog he maybe bullshitting trying to increase hawthorns offer. if they have made one

He might be all of the above but *smile* he would be great in Yellow and Black....a lot of guys would work a lot taller with him around and we would certainly have some hard earned respect.

We lack someone with that hardness and a touch of skill.....Yes I know we have whatwashisname at Coburg but he is a waste of space on our list

His old man must have been thinking about disowning hime when he went crying to the umpire about Jacko touching his head. Dobber in the Cloke mould.

Really should be a Pro Wrestler, caries on, puts on the odd big hit, fan favorite amongst people too ignorant about sport to really understand it and actually isn't that good a footballer.

Dean Hart Northey said:
He might be all of the above but sh!te he would be great in Yellow and Black....a lot of guys would work a lot taller with him around and we would certainly have some hard earned respect.

We lack someone with that hardness and a touch of skill.....Yes I know we have whatwashisname at Coburg but he is a waste of space on our list
[/quote

We had someone similar to him in Tim Fleming and we got rid of him!

DragaTheCro said:
Dean Hart Northey said:
He might be all of the above but sh!te he would be great in Yellow and Black....a lot of guys would work a lot taller with him around and we would certainly have some hard earned respect.

[/quote

No we didn't! Fleming didn't have any skill let alone a touch!

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Hate the Dawks but u have to love Campbell's aggression at the contest.

He also respects others as hard as him and paid Jacko a compliment in the post match interview.

Also seemed to acknowledge Whitey after the game after they clashed in the dying stages and Whitey kicked that great goal.

Nothing wrong with a five feet 10 inch tough guy. Would love him in our team.

pffft, hard at the contest....did ya notice not long after the incident and the ball came in the fwd line and it was his turn to put his head down and get the ball he tried to kick it off the ground and f%#^ed it up. was soft in every sense of the word

Loved it when he was exchanging words with Matt White, then a minute later White turned him inside out and kicked a goal from 50m.

The thug didnt have much to say after that.

DragaTheCro said:

I thought he just changed his name to Tom Hislop.  ;D

Edit: Having just seen the replay, don't think Brown has a case to answer. Reckon Jackson was a bit shocked, but the bump looked as though it split him down the middle without getting him high.

Think Jacko might get a week for a little headbutt in the aftermath though; might even be two with the points he's got hanging over his head.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/videoid/54243/campbell+brown+bump/default.aspx#VideoPlayerB

The good news is that regardless of Brown hitting Jacko, I reckon that the Bombers will be without Hille for next week.

He laid a shocker on Goddard tonight.

Streak said:
The good news is that regardless of Brown hitting Jacko, I reckon that the Bombers will be without Hille for next week.

He laid a shocker on Goddard tonight.

Who knows with the MRP and tribunal? Hille's got off twice after late hits already this year. Other players have been suspended for less.

If Brad Sewell and Campbell Brown can be considered decent AFL footballers, then maybe so can Daniel Jackson and Matt White.

Seriously, the careers of both Sewell and Brown took off when Clarkson introduced a more contested style to Hawthorn in his early years. When the game closed down today, suddenly Jackson and White's competitiveness overshadowed their deficiencies with clean disposal. Its the same for Sewell and Brown.