Brownlow 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brownlow 2015

Just did an Internet search and it came up with several references to Mitchell winning 2015 Brownlow

Remember when the Brownlow would often go to a player in a bum side, a stand out champ who had no competition for votes? Seemed like every second Brownlow used to go to Footscray or South. Doesn't seem to happen at all anymore. Priddis is a champ obviously, but is he worth that many more votes than Gaff, Kennedy, Masten? I reckon the umps buy into the hype in all sorts of ways.

tigersnake said:
Remember when the Brownlow would often go to a player in a bum side, a stand out champ who had no competition for votes? Seemed like every second Brownlow used to go to Footscray or South. Doesn't seem to happen at all anymore. Priddis is a champ obviously, but is he worth that many more votes than Gaff, Kennedy, Masten? I reckon the umps buy into the hype in all sorts of ways.

I never understood how that worked so often. Must've been something special about those 2 teams back then.

From Internet search:

This is Sam Mitchell 2015 Brownlow Medalist Signed Guernsey - ...
shop.afl.com.au › sam-mitchell-2015-bro...
Mobile-friendly - Congratulations to Hawthorn midfield star Sam Mitchell on a stellar 2015 season, capped off by becoming only ...

Geez how many games do the Tiges have to win to even get a mention - hardly even in the round by round recaps!!

Even The poo blues n demons are mentioned more than us.

ARCHYBOY said:
Hook up with Daisy Richo after the Brownlow and throw out a set of twin boys, father son breeding at its best.

Lolz - great idea - make it happen Tigers!

AFL have admitted their error. Mitchell is one of 6 they had prepared to release depending on who wins

TigerTribe5 said:
Geez how many games do the Tiges have to win to even get a mention - hardly even in the round by round recaps!!

Even The poo blues n demons are mentioned more than us.
I noticed that too - not even anything in indigenous round, and we were supposed to be the showcase event!

WesternTiger said:
Gee that piece from Mick was p!ss poor.
Yep, was waiting for him to tap the microphone and ask " is this thing on?"

CC TIGER said:
Hopefully gets a couple against us

He did. Leaked it CC? :hihi

Hanners had big games in 5 of last 6, so it'll be interesting to see if he gets the votes, but Fyfe's got a safe buffer.

Smoking Aces said:
Not sure Fyfe was in the best 3 when we played them

Surprised that in a game where we dominated and should have won comfortably that the 2 best players on the field played for Freo. Strange!!