Brownlow 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brownlow 2015

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Good to see Chaplin invited to the Brownlow but Grigg just feel hard done by.

Dusty's date is Aaron Edwards.

He and Rance (another invitee), were the rocks that held our defence together.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
1971 Ian Stewart ..................................... :tumbleweed

44 years ago,. Are we the club with the driest brownlow patch ?

Baloo said:
He and Rance (another invitee), were the rocks that held our defence together.

I was more wondering about your good to see comment in regards to Shaun feeling hard done by.

rosy23 said:
I was more wondering about your good to see comment in regards to Shaun feeling hard done by.

Grigg had a very good year and should vote very well.

Priddis has to be the one. Vote magnet and Weagles won a shed load more games than last year.

Did Gillon McLachlan just say that he knows the Brownlow winner at around 8.15pm? He was being interviewed by Hamish but my 10 year old was gabbing as usual so I couldn't hear it properly.

Ridley said:
Did Gillon McLachlan just say that he knows the Brownlow winner at around 8.15pm? He was being interviewed by Hamish but my 10 year old was gabbing as usual so I couldn't hear it properly.
That's correct.

Really want Fyfe to win, my fav player atm , reckon Mitchell may get it thou , had a little each way on Dusty a while back.....44 years geez we've had some droughts

jb03 said:
Priddis has to be the one. Vote magnet and Weagles won a shed load more games than last year.
He will have votes taken off him. Kennedy will get votes for his big bag of goals and Gaff will too.

In saying that he still should be right up there but I can't see them getting anywhere near Fyfe.

CC TIGER said:
Really want Fyfe to win, my fav player atm , reckon Mitchell may get it thou , had a little each way on Dusty a while back.....44 years geez we've had some droughts
I had a little bite at Rance top 10.

Smoking Aces said:
That's correct.

What's the story there? Why would he need to know beforehand? Maybe in case a bolter wins it and they have to track him down?

If so it'd be too bad if he was O/S on his end of season trip!!

Pretty ridiculous and astonishing if Gil knows the result beforehand. Definitely integrity issues because of betting etc.

scottyturnerscurse said:
Pretty ridiculous and astonishing if Gil knows the result beforehand. Definitely integrity issues because of betting etc.

Not really. Rising Star is known by a few, and kingy, in advance. Many of these awards have a select group of people knowing. At a very minimum the auditors would have counted the votes and verified everything was legit before the night.

The only surprise is Gil admitting it. I'm sure Demestos always knew.

Ridley said:
What's the story there? Why would he need to know beforehand? Maybe in case a bolter wins it and they have to track him down?

If so it'd be too bad if he was O/S on his end of season trip!!
It's so they can generate suspense and ensure the games he plays in are announced at the end of each round.

scottyturnerscurse said:

I thought that was pretty odd too. Why would they need to know at 8.15? Vaguely remember Dane Swan having to be tracked down late in one count