Brad Scott post game interview | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brad Scott post game interview

norts

Tiger Cub
Jun 15, 2004
Wasn't he SO smug!! Looked like he's totally dismissive of our chances against his "refreshed champions" and has probably got one eye on Week Two against Freo or Swans loser.

Beware the Mighty Tiges you A#$ehole Scott

norts said:
Wasn't he SO smug!! Looked like he's totally dismissive of our chances against his "refreshed champions" and has probably got one eye on Week Two against Freo or Swans loser.

we'll see how smug he is next week after we beat
His try hard club.

norts said:
Wasn't he SO smug!! Looked like he's totally dismissive of our chances against his "refreshed champions" "refreshed old farts" and has probably got one eye on Week Two against Freo or Swans loser.

Fixed that for you.

Didn't seem smug to me. Seemed uncomfortable, no doubt in anticipation of the questions that were going to be thrown at him regarding resting so many players. Is probably questioning the move right now.

Defensive is the word I would use, the best way to defend is attack. Calling for apology, give me a break. Adelaide certainly won't be apologising

The funniest thing for me is we get a 9 day break :rofl

Sintiger said:
Defensive is the word I would use, the best way to defend is attack. Calling for apology, give me a break. Adelaide certainly won't be apologising

Very defensive. Looked like he just wanted a fight. He was embarrassed publicly. Love how he confidently stated that Turner will play next week. The kid hit the ground out cold and was stretchered off. Be very surprised if he can pass a concussion test and be medically cleared ready to play next week.

Sintiger said:

His body language since the tanking announcement has looked scared to me. How was the 'how dare you accuse us of tanking'? A journo should have just called his bantam rooster *smile*, 'I accuse you of tanking Scotty, you gave yourself a snowflake's chance in hell of winning this game', show some nuts!

the doubletalk is amazing

tigersnake said:
His body language since the tanking announcement has looked scared to me.

He's nervous, his job is on the line. He's recruited the players to push for a flag and developed the team to full maturity. Eighth place is not acceptable for the oldest side in the comp. There will be changes afoot if they fail next week.

Externally the pressure is on Richmond, because nobody really cares too much about North. But internally, their expectations would be as high as ours. Perhaps higher.

They'll be a worthy opponent and no pushovers, but we can do this.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
He's nervous, his job is on the line. Eighth place is not acceptable for the oldest side in the comp. There will be changes afoot if they fail next week.

Externally the pressure is on Richmond, because nobody really cares too much about North. But internally, their expectations would be as high as ours. Perhaps higher.

They'll be a worthy opponent and no pushovers, but we can do this.
You could be right there, although I feel he and Brayshaw are Norf's version of McGuire and Buckley (although Buckley's a much better coach, despite their sides's respective ladder positions), however if they go out first round this year, hard questions are going to be asked about his top up policy and seeming failure to have planned for a future when the old farts give it away. He may survive into 2016, but will be looking at the AFL scrap heap if they don't at least make the finals and win one.

CarnTheTiges said:
You could be right there, although I feel he and Brayshaw are Norf's version of McGuire and Buckley (although Buckley's a much better coach, despite their sides's respective ladder positions), however if they go out first round this year, hard questions are going to be asked about his top up policy and seeming failure to have planned for a future when the old farts give it away. He may survive into 2016, but will be looking at the AFL scrap heap if they don't at least make the finals and win one.

He's contracted for next year, odds favour him surviving unless it's a debacle. The list profile says they should be pushing for a flag, it's now or never for some of them. They will need fresh blood to be any chance in 2016, which means cap space and casualties.

Certainly has his share of detractors among the North faithful also.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
He's contracted for next year, odds favour him surviving unless it's a debacle. The list profile says they should be pushing for a flag, it's now or never for some of them. They will need fresh blood to be any chance in 2016, which means cap space and casualties.

Certainly has his share of detractors among the North faithful also.
Never liked getting rid pf players has Brad. I have a Norf mate who hates him and believes he's the reason that they're not really a serious contender.

Never mind the post game. It's the boorish antics mid game that give me the runs. His brother does the same. Going bug-eyed incredulous, mouth agape with his arms spread wide in a plea gesture followed by the double face palm and several follow up minutes of bug-eyed incredulous head shaking with his dumb mouth still agape like a drooling yokel. An embarrassing way for a senior coach to conduct himself.

And agree.... losing the first final is bad for us, but worse for them at their stage of development. They should go in favourites really, although oddly I'd give us more chance than them of going further if we won

CarnTheTiges said:
Never liked getting rid pf players has Brad. I have a Norf mate who hates him and believes he's the reason that they're not really a serious contender.

Yeah, a few of those about. Over the last three years they've made the fewest team changes of any club.

There's something indefinable missing at North that separates them from serious teams. Doesn't mean they won't be a dangerous opponent as we're still trying to discover that something for ourselves.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Yeah, a few of those about. There's something indefinable missing at North that separates them from serious teams. Doesn't mean they won't be a dangerous opponent as we're still trying to discover that something for ourselves.
They've been like that for years and Scott is either unwilling or unable to change it. His grand idea was to top up after they made the prelim last year and overrated themselves. He must have been chatting to Frawley post game. Norf are the classic 6 - 10 side.

CarnTheTiges said:
They've been like that for years and Scott is either unwilling or unable to change it. His grand idea was to top up after they made the prelim last year and overrated themselves. He must have been chatting to Frawley post game. Norf are the classic 6 - 10 side.
IN fairness Higgins has been a little better than Hudson.

But good thread nonetheless. Dunno why he didn't say in a low key manner that he could understand the angst but internally they know what their objectives are.

Mac said:
Never mind the post game. It's the boorish antics mid game that give me the runs. His brother does the same. Going bug-eyed incredulous, mouth agape with his arms spread wide in a plea gesture followed by the double face palm and several follow up minutes of bug-eyed incredulous head shaking with his dumb mouth still agape like a drooling yokel. An embarrassing way for a senior coach to conduct himself.

And this for sure. Even for blatant free kicks he does it.

*smile*...it's Richmond again.

HvAz3Un.gif

More pressure on North than Richmond next week despite everyone saying we need to win a final

ABC inquisition today clearly place Richmond squad in a much better spot than North both this year and beyond and of the two teams, they think only Richmond can seriously challenge this year.

All the neutral fans are now going for the tigers given Scotts stupid decision to manipulate the game.

And as for Scotts attitude - it was their decision to rest all the players, so to blame everyone else and think it was their fault is just stupid. What North have told me is that

1) they are scared to play Adelaide and want to avoid them at all cost
2) they don't believe they can beat us unless they freshen up their "old" team of geriatrics
3) they don't respect us as a team by resting all their players
4) they don't respect the integrity of the competition

ANY GOOD TEAM WILL BE HAPPY TO PLAY ANYONE ANYTIME ANYWHERE

Thanks Scott for handing the tigers momentum, confidence and motivation for the first final

ANYWHERE ANY TIME

... But not the saints in round 23

- Ross Lyon

Seriously an outdated attitude. I fear Scott has played this perfectly

Scott doesn't understand that players like DaSanto and Waite are space fillers.
It's not like Carey and Archer are coming in next week.
We should slap them

pessimistic_ said:
ANYWHERE ANY TIME

... But not the saints in round 23

- Ross Lyon

Seriously an outdated attitude. I fear Scott has played this perfectly

If you don't believe you can beat any team any where, then why turning up against the games you believe you can't win ??? trying to manipulate the program to your advantage shows that you believe your team cant win against all teams - all things being equal.

Scotts attitudes and comments shows me he is not convinced he has played this well - if he was he wouldn't be so defensive, his comments would be less aggressive - so lets just disagree