Ben Rutten | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Rutten

Really rapt in this appointment. He has the burning desire to coach, and to that end has done the training course under Wheaton. Great to have someone who is dedicated to coaching, as the desire to do well is burning inside him. Maybe one day he will replace you know who at Richmond, as it appears he wants to be a senior coach. Games are won from the backline, and if he can improve us in that area it will reap big rewards. Fantastic choice.

I think this bloke has gone under the radar in the way he has managed to get the back line working so well. He has truly proved his worth to date.

Yeah, not sure what that stats say but I reckon we'd have close to the best defense in the league. We missed Leppa when he left, but Rutten has now taken the boys to a new level.

Great effort by Truck in his first season. Vlastuin and Batch have improved under him and Grimes has returned to form as well.

Came very highly regarded as a real leader, thinker and analyst probably makes sense considering he was in the top echelon of Full Backs his whole career.

I recall the doom and gloomers when he was appointed going on about how we needed experienced assistant coaches. I was told at the time that Rutten was in massive demand and that we fought hard to get him.

We have been lucky to not have had any injuries in the back half but it is a credit to Rutten and the other coaches that our back 6-7 is now one of the best few defences in the game