Ben Rutten | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Rutten

Tigers of Old said:
Have to wait and see I guess.

Also feel this makes it less likely we'll see Hayes. Not sure we'll have two rookie coaches come in.
We did last year...

Pleasant surprise. Reckon this is a good get.

Right now this is one more coach than we had last year.

Do some research on The Truck, he's a interesting character.

Welcome Ben, sometimes it's those you least expect who have the most to offer. I'd like to think that next year the backline could be the strongest unit barring injury for a number of seasons - Rance, Astbury, Chaplin, Grimes all fit for Round 1 would be a bonus.

I know Dan Daley is off to Brisbane, so that's one who has moved on.

With the debt gone and another big year from membership sales (although offset by poor gate receipts) I won't be surprised to see a few more development coaches come in, especially Hayes who some people seem to think is a certainty to join us.

Rancey18 said:
We did last year...

Development coaches, not assistants.

Interesting that Rutten is 190cm hadn't realised he was only that tall. Definitely one who played taller than he was.
Shame Ben Darrou won't get a go under his tutilage.

Tigers of Old said:
Development coaches, not assistants.

Interesting that Rutten is 190cm hadn't realised he was only that tall. Definitely one who played taller than he was.
Shame Ben Darrou won't get a go under his tutilage.
You never know Ben may get rookie'd again. He did have something and someone like Rutten may be the person to help him

Very astute pick up by the Tigers. Was a very good defender and fresh out of the game.

Now to pick up Hayes and their Assistant Coaches panel is a lot better.

I reckon part of the reason we were crap in the first half of the year, was losing Campbell and Leppa and not replacing them ===> Bad move.

Anyway, Welcome Truck!!!

Interesting choice. Not one I expected.

He was highly respected in Adelaide. The required replacement for Leppitsch.

Smoking Aces said:
Interesting choice. Not one I expected.

He was highly respected in Adelaide. The required replacement for Leppitsch.

Same here. Sounds like he was an on-field coach in some way for the Crows. Let's hope he is a good pick.

Stylo said:
Get Hayes and Bassett and I'll be satisfied.

Yep. I'm waiting for Lenny too.

All the best to him. I am interested in how he gets to punt rd 10 days after his last game? Did he approach us? Did we seek him out? Was all this done in the last week or was he testing the market throughout the year (ahead of his playing retirement). Did we consider other candidates? Not alluding to anything sinister just curious.

22nd Man said:
All the best to him. I am interested in how he gets to punt rd 10 days after his last game? Did he approach us? Did we seek him out? Was all this done in the last week or was he testing the market throughout the year (ahead of his playing retirement). Did we consider other candidates? Not alluding to anything sinister just curious.
Was being chased by 8 other clubs and we were the one who got lucky.

not a bad appointment - now where's the experienced tactical support?