Atheism | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Atheism

Tiger74 said:
actually, this is wrong.

Everyone knew what was expected of them, knew what to do, knew what was coming, and then Jesus came along and changed all the rules you have to live by.

What happens if God decides to send another son or daughter down, and changes the time table and the rules again?

Doesn't need too - It is finished.

Panthera tigris FC said:
T. Ryan Gregory's blog. A good source of accurate information. Nothing like some accurate information to silence the creationists...however the same tired arguments continue to be rehashed and do the rounds. I guess that is the danger of limiting your 'research' to creationist propaganda websites.

well I suppose we could rely on the evolutionists propaganda.

Did you read any of the links I posted tigertime? Did you find any of the information interesting?

tigertime2 said:
I have no intention to argue with you about what a soul is or is not.

I am praying for you though.

I am not looking for an argument. I have asked this question quite a few times and no-one has been able to enlighten me.

Seriously

I'm happy to answer you mate.Theres no such thing.

Theres an ego,a sense of 'self'--thats it.No soul.

Once you'r heart stops pumping and the neurons stop firing,thats the end. No more sixpack

Well that's been my suspicion, but I am not sure if that's the sense of it that the Christians have. What do they mean by the term 'soul?'

Six Pack said:
Well that's been my suspicion, but I am not sure if that's the sense of it that the Christians have. What do they mean by the term 'soul?'

Same old story with Christians.When push comes to shove,like God,they say it's "ineffable"

evo said:

Once you'r heart stops pumping and the neurons stop firing,thats the end. No more sixpack

Got it in one, I reckon.

Disco08 said:
Did you read any of the links I posted tigertime? Did you find any of the information interesting?

Yes, he does put his case well, but it does not prove evolution.

tigertime2 said:
Doesn't need too - It is finished.

How do you know though? God is already got a history of changing the rules and moral expectations. How do you know God won't change again?

How do you know another angel will not challenge for supremecy? how do you know God will win that fight?

Foxy was gonna do this end of days, predictions thread but he hasn't posted it yet. That was gonna be interesting.

Foxy mate LIFT!!! :clap

tigertime2 said:
Yes, he does put his case well, but it does not prove evolution.

He wasn't trying to 'prove evolution', he was refuting the claim made by the person in your link that the bombardier beetle is irreducibly complex.

I asked you before but I don't think you really answered. How much do you actually know about evolution?

evo said:

so your an animal, when you die you die like a dog. do what you like because there is no consequence to your actions.

tigertime2 said:
so your an animal, when you die you die like a dog.

Yes we are animals. The process of death is similar in a dog and a human. What is your point?

tigertime2 said:
do what you like because there is no consequence to your actions.

Non-sequitur.

If I do something wrong and someone is affected there are consequences. Why would you think otherwise? The decisions we make affect the world we live in.

tigertime2 said:
so your an animal, when you die you die like a dog.
Sorry mate,but thats the reality of the matter.

do what you like because there is no consequence to your actions.

That's a non sequitar.

Only the theistically brainwashed would think that is even an argument in my (less than) humble opinion.

Disco08 said:
He wasn't trying to 'prove evolution', he was refuting the claim made by the person in your link that the bombardier beetle is irreducibly complex.

I asked you before but I don't think you really answered. How much do you actually know about evolution?

I admit, I am not an expert on evolution, nor do I want to be as it is futile to spend my short life on that subject.

One thing I do know is that I am not an Ape, do I really want to study something that says I am an ape?