2024 Fixture | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Fixture

Just an abominable draw.
From the first, zero, opening, initial, introductory, farcical round to the last.
And brutally deliberate.

City Hall Cheats.
I would not be surprised if they advising Donald Trump on his cases.
They can spin any situation to their client's advantage.
Corruption of the highest order.

ps.
Only game I like in this new draw is the Carringbush Sun arvo match.
I can drink myself into Jim Beam oblivion with my Richmond mate and my Coll mate and get a train home before dark.

Apart from that City Hall can GF!
You have a Collongwood "mate", Glove? :oops:

:ban

Also, *smile* the AFL. Give us our game back you arseholes!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
You have a Collongwood "mate", Glove? :oops:

:ban

Also, *smile* the AFL. Give us our game back you arseholes!
Yes, St Arnaud Boy. Guilty.

He's very good.
We used to work in the bank together donkeys ages ago.
He would attend Rich v Coll every year with me and my Richmond mate.
Even when we used to hand their arses back to them. He never missed.
And stay to the end for some drinks with winners.
(Which was always us back then).

So I will be there to represent our kin and cop some humble pie back our way, now that we are non competitive.
Swings and Roundabouts.

Until we rise again.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
What a stupid timeslot for the next Carlton-Richmond game. 3.20 on a Sunday f*****g sucks.

One of the worst changes to the AFL fixturing has been the eradication of the 2.10pm timeslot over the years.

Not too early, not too late.

But instead, let's play arvo footy and finish in the dark, and cold weather.

As long as 7's amateur-hour coverage leads straight into the news though, right?

Reactions: 4 users
What a stupid timeslot for the next Carlton-Richmond game. 3.20 on a Sunday f*****g sucks.

One of the worst changes to the AFL fixturing has been the eradication of the 2.10pm timeslot over the years.

Not too early, not too late.

But instead, let's play arvo footy and finish in the dark, and cold weather.

As long as 7's amateur-hour coverage leads straight into the news though, right?
You know what the really incredibly stupid thing is about this clash? The afl deem that Richmond vs Carlton is huge enough to “open” the season on a Thursday night, but the return match is consigned to this stupidly family and fan unfriendly time slot

Reactions: 1 user
You know what the really incredibly stupid thing is about this clash? The afl deem that Richmond vs Carlton is huge enough to “open” the season on a Thursday night, but the return match is consigned to this stupidly family and fan unfriendly time slot
Watch Legends. They’ll take season opener against the Blues away from us next year. We’ll probably on a Sunday away against a non Vic club.

Reactions: 2 users
Watch Legends. They’ll take season opener against the Blues away from us next year. We’ll probably on a Sunday away against a non Vic club.
And Apparently the head honcho barracks for Richmond, I would hate to see if he barracked for Collingwood.
Did Balme Ko 3 of them in 2020??
Screenshot_20240515_211804_AFL.jpg

All this stuff about 2020 Richmond angering the AFL is such BS. Our team stayed in cheaper accommodation and, yes, a couple of players screwed up, but there were players from other teams who also screwed up. Plus, I would bet that there were plenty of screw ups which never became public.

It is just an excuse. 2020 was hard on all the clubs and players, not to mention the rest of us. If this is the reason the AFL dislikes Richmond then that just proves they are the pathetic bunch of entitled amateurs we all think they are.

DS

• Love
Was thinking of going to the VFL game this weekend due to the AFL playing in Adelaide.

We’re playing Williamstown at Willy, which would have to be the coldest footy ground in the VFL.
It’s at 5.05pm Saturday afternoon so it’ll be still going when the AFL game starts.
It’s forecast to be a top of 13 and 90% chance of rain.
Nope.

Who thought of scheduling the game to overlap the seniors, in the late afternoon in the middle of winter at Williamstown?

Was thinking of going to the VFL game this weekend due to the AFL playing in Adelaide.

We’re playing Williamstown at Willy, which would have to be the coldest footy ground in the VFL.
It’s at 5.05pm Saturday afternoon so it’ll be still going when the AFL game starts.
Nope.

Who thought of scheduling the game to overlap the seniors, in the late afternoon in the middle of winter at Williamstown?
Ridiculous. Never seen a game start at 5:00pm.

Nope.

Stupidity. Why not play our game Sunday so travelling emergencies dont miss, and so coaches can do both.

What sort of lights do they have there ? Are they appropriate for VFL level games at night ?

Fancy holding a night game at Willy of all places. One of the most exposed grounds in Melbourne.
and freezing cold with the bay nearby.

Horrible venue for footy. My only good memory of the joint is being there for Shai's mark of the year in 2018.

I havent been there in about 10 years. That was a day game in Winter. Brutal. Can't imagine what a night game would be like.
The AholeFL have kicked our arse on this season's fixture, and now I'm not looking forward to what 2025 is like. First team to play 8 interstate games in 1 season? Home game in Shanghai? Handicap start to Dimma's Huns again?

The AholeFL have kicked our arse on this season's fixture, and now I'm not looking forward to what 2025 is like. First team to play 8 interstate games in 1 season? Home game in Shanghai? Handicap start to Dimma's Huns again?
We'll play nearly all of our home games on Sunday at 3.20. The AFL can't wait.

• Sad
How do we play Port Adelaide twice before we play Collingwood at all. *smile* dumb!

Last edited:
How do we play Port Adelaide twice before we play Collingwood at all. *smile* dumb!
Don't worry, we'll go back to playing them once next year. In Adelaide.

We've played them 40 times and 9 of those have been at the MCG. The last time we played them once in a season and that game was at the G was 1998. Since then there have been 14 years when we have only played them once, and all of them have been in Adelaide. Someone should ask Karen about that.