2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

That broadcast is awful. WA commentary is barracking. Sound delayed. Bad angles. Amateur.

Reactions: 2 users
Big risers for me in that was Allen and Urquart (voss 30m handballs, overcomes a slow start, quick).

Langford BOG.

hayes a good late pick.

I thought champion kept working - most people understand how tough small forward is and lookslike he played through a corkie

Reactions: 1 user
Not counting bottom-agers

Stocks up:
Langford
Hynes
Gerreyn
Davis
Ough
Charleson
Day-Wicks

Stocks down:
Lalor
Berry

Hold:
Allan
Urquhart
Travaglia
Lindsay

I suspect Lindsay might end up a bargain for someone. Everything he does is claen and classy. At worst he looks a HBF at the top level but definite mid potential.

Allan only a hold for me because I already had him so high.

Stocks up:
Langford
Hynes
Gerreyn
Davis
Ough
Charleson
Day-Wicks

Stocks down:
Lalor
Berry

Hold:
Allan
Urquhart
Travaglia
Lindsay

I suspect Lindsay might end up a bargain for someone. Everything he does is claen and classy. At worst he looks a HBF at the top level but definite mid potential.

Good summary there.

Urquhart is a real professional to the point where he asked several clubs what it was that he could improve upon. He was told his execution by foot. If he was a bit better in that respect and had a yard more pace, he’d be top 15. Still might have potential. Travaglia is a bit the same.

Reactions: 1 users
Ross Lyon has dumped a bucket on the AFL this morning and for once he made perfect sense. Amongst other things he pointed out that the AFL did away with zones because they were unfair and have now introduced zones again in the form of academy’s. The result of these academy’s is to exclude Victorian clubs from interstate talent.

He stated that the AFL should run the academy’s as they are paying for them anyway. COVID saw a lot of great coaches, medical staff and administrators jettisoned from club land. These people are more than capable of identifying, coaching and developing young talent and running the academy.

He went on to explain how the points system is totally flawed, allowing clubs to swap high risk low potential picks for low risk high potential picks and then, to make a bad system worse, a 20% discount is applied.

He explained it well and really highlighted the absurdity of it all. I just hope he hasn’t made that speech 12 months too early.
Yes but allows northern clubs to still.get top Victorian talent plus steal the few academy players for non northern academy clubs

Wtf are blithering about ? I have access to WAFL video. And SANFL.

Youve been watching wafl thirds?

Like i said, impressive.

Im not going to attempt a last word with you Red,

Itd be easier and quicker to list everything that would never occur to me

You reckon Champion is a bust? Goodonya for sticking your neck out.

That broadcast is awful. WA commentary is barracking. Sound delayed. Bad angles. Amateur.
I turned the commentary off .
Lalor finishes with 10 touches and very little impact. Clearly underdone though
Lalor missed a lot of pre-season as well as most of the start of the year,he came back and played 1 and a half games at school level,got injured again ,and has only came back and played 1 school game and 1 coates game,,he is well underdone for state level ,and such free flowing football under the champs rules .

Reactions: 5 users
Lalor finishes with 10 touches and very little impact. Clearly underdone though
As Bungal said, he played hff. But I still question him athletically.

Very nice kick, good size. But I need to be convinced about his ability to run and move all day. Until I am, no way he’s a top 3. No way. Think he’s pegged about right at 10. May have slipped a bit today, which might be unfair, but questions need to be answered with Lalor.

I thought 'micks' commentary was balanced and insightful? I thought it must have been mick ablett but another mick.

wA commentators are gonna know more about WA players in a game in WA.

I applaud anyone here able to accurately judge junior talent from these videos ,I find that the distortion of reality is completely different in real.life,I never see their real talent from these tapes,
No wonder we picked up Oakley Nichols from video only,u really need live viewing with testing .

Stocks up:
Langford
Hynes
Gerreyn
Davis
Ough
Charleson
Day-Wicks

Stocks down:
Lalor
Berry

Hold:
Allan
Urquhart
Travaglia
Lindsay

Berry down you think,l thought he was one of the few Vic country player's with run in his legs in the last quarter ,quite a few from both sides drifted out in the last 15 minutes.

Stocks up:
Langford
Hynes
Gerreyn
Davis
Ough
Charleson
Day-Wicks

Stocks down:
Lalor
Berry

Hold:
Allan
Urquhart
Travaglia
Lindsay

Good summary, on Berry, where was he rated? I thought he was solid to good. Improved as the game went on. I'm struggling to see a world where Allan doesn't make it, even if he wasn't red hot. Gerryn looks very composed, aware of his strength and uses it with poise. Impressive.

Champion will make I reckon, no guarantees of course, had an almost game. Just looks to me like the sort of player who will get better with each step-up in class. That rubber man pass while being tackled at FB was incredible, did it so casually, a real 'how the F did he do that?' moment.

Good summary, on Berry, where was he rated? I thought he was solid to good. Improved as the game went on. I'm struggling to see a world where Allan doesn't make it, even if he wasn't red hot. Gerryn looks very composed, aware of his strength and uses it with poise. Impressive.

Champion will make I reckon, no guarantees of course, had an almost game. Just looks to me like the sort of player who will get better with each step-up in class. That rubber man pass while being tackled at FB was incredible, did it so casually, a real 'how the F did he do that?' moment.

Yeah agree allen looks more blue chip by the week.

My eyes well a bit at The slightish chimp running hunch

I think @spook is positioned for a very good draft.