2015, how do you view Richmond's season? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015, how do you view Richmond's season?

tigerjoe said:
Those wonderful wins against those top 4 sides mean jack shizen now.

this, this and this. 15 wins and 5th spot means nothing. we achieved nothing. the minimum expectation for most of us was a final win.

Dyer'ere said:
The margin of our finals loss flattered us enormously. We were destroyed by ten goals morally. It was a massacre.

In some ways the season was the ultimate triumph of the current group - players and coaches. That's as good as they get IMO. The ruckman is gone. The fullback too. Deledio has lost his zip. And the captain was pitiful. Did bugger all hunting when he was getting a hiding. Unforgivable in the context of the match. Four crucial players have taken as far as they ever will.

That combination has reached its zenith. At seventh.

hope you're wrong, but your probably aren't

PBoRSM said:
I don't understand why we abandoned our chip and possess game yesterday - we had been playing that way all season. Plenty of opportunities to hit guys up 20 metres away were not taken in preference to the 55 metre kick down the line. We were beaten in the clearances, which ultimately cost the game, but the players played a different game plan yesterday. I suggest they didn't back themselves because of their was more on the line - too scared of making an error. You don't win finals playing conservative.

spot on. in other words, we are mentally weak.

Ian4 said:
this, this and this. 15 wins and 5th spot means nothing. we achieved nothing. the minimum expectation for most of us was a final win.

hope you're wrong, but your probably aren't

spot on. in other words, we are mentally weak.

All of this. I believe hardwick has taken us as far as he possibly can. To me, his papers were stamped last night.

ThePercies said:
All of this. I believe hardwick has taken us as far as he possibly can. To me, his papers were stamped last night.

agree

he did a good job from years 2-3

but there is a difference between building a list from bottom to middle

and from middle to flag

Better than last year - in fact appreciably so.

We have obvious weaknesses in the middle of the ground which we have to address at the recruitment/trade table.

Everything else has improved.

1 ladder position better next year would be nice - then we have the option to lose two games in a row in the finals series.

ThePercies said:
I tend to agree there. I think he's damaged goods now. We're highly likely to miss out on the 8 next season.