2015, how do you view Richmond's season? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015, how do you view Richmond's season?

Judge Smailes said:
All I know is it hurts like hell, but I can guarantee you that it hurts the players a lot more.

Heard this claim the past 3 years now Judge.

The evidence of the following seasons' performances suggests it doesn't hurt them as much as it should.

absolute failure
the heroics of the regular season are irrelevant when ur bundled out in week one
this combined with the fact it has happened 3 years straight makes it absolute

Next 12 months are critical, starting with the free agency/trade period.

Age at April 1

30.24 Maric
30.10 Chaplin

28.95 Deledio

27.95 Grigg
27.89 Houli
27.43 Edwards
27.41 Riewoldt

26.48 Rance
25.98 Cotchin
25.83 Vickery

24.76 Martin
24.71 Grimes
24.54 Griffiths
24.34 Lambert
24.13 Batchelor
24.09 Miles

22.66 Ellis

21.99 McIntosh
21.95 Vlastuin

20.74 Lennon
19.48 Ellis

I've left a few out, but it's neither an old nor an unbalanced list. Unless they drop their bundle, quite a few will be coming into their prime while there's every chance of three of the top four entering a downturn.

It might be hard to see right now, but get the right players in and we're every chance to make the top four.

Good post LtRtR - our list was ninth in average age pre-season, with Foley/Newman/Knights/Petterd out that would drop us down the list. Time to add a couple of blokes and have another crack. Freo and North had the oldest lists from memory.

Wins against top 8 teams.

2013. 4/9
2014 3/9
2015 4/9

Until we get over 50% on this we are making up the numbers.

Two steps back, three steps forward.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Next 12 months are critical, starting with the free agency/trade period.

Age at April 1

30.24 Maric
30.10 Chaplin

28.95 Deledio

27.95 Grigg
27.89 Houli
27.43 Edwards
27.41 Riewoldt

26.48 Rance
25.98 Cotchin
25.83 Vickery

24.76 Martin
24.71 Grimes
24.54 Griffiths
24.34 Lambert
24.13 Batchelor
24.09 Miles

22.66 Ellis

21.99 McIntosh
21.95 Vlastuin

20.74 Lennon
19.48 Ellis

I've left a few out, but it's neither an old nor an unbalanced list. Unless they drop their bundle, quite a few will be coming into their prime while there's every chance of three of the top four entering a downturn.

It might be hard to see right now, but get the right players in and we're every chance to make the top four.
30.24 Maric
30.10 Chaplin

28.95 Deledio

27.95 Grigg
27.93 Garland
27.89 Houli
27.83 Leuenberger
27.43 Edwards
27.41 Riewoldt

26.48 Rance
25.98 Cotchin
25.83 Vickery
25.36 Yarran

24.76 Martin
24.71 Grimes
24.54 Griffiths
24.50 Carlisle
24.34 Lambert
24.13 Batchelor
24.09 Miles

23.17 Ellis-Yolmen
22.66 Ellis

21.99 McIntosh
21.95 Vlastuin

20.74 Lennon
19.48 Ellis

Top four. For sure. We're close to a tilt, if we secure some key additions.

Positive is that our bottom six has improved
But that's about it

Another frustrating year
We should of lost by 12 goals today ....we learnt nothing from the last two years

arlobill said:
Positive is that our bottom six has improved
But that's about it

Another frustrating year
We should of lost by 12 goals today ....we learnt nothing from the last two years
And we won't by this year's capitulation until we rid ourselves of the mental fragility in the playing group

Full of anger, bile and disappointment. So not sure if I have any clarity. At the moment it's a failure and a wasted season. We proved we cold match it with the best during the year but again can't put it together when it matters. A real wasted opportunity. Sydne are ripe for the taking next week. What could have been.

Saw one excellent quarter of footy for the entire year - 1st quarter against the pies. Apparently missed a second good quarter against some other mob. After each win left the ground feeling we had lost - crap footy. Worst year of footy in living memory. Glad it's all over.

Plan to avoid the following 6 months of spin and pr crap the club website is preparing to spew upon us.

Massive fail. 5 man forward line will not work in pressure games. Maric, Chaplin, Ellis all on the decline. Had few injuries this year so we missed a big chance.

This season we have found Kmac, Lennon, Cellis and Connor. We have also lost Newman, Foley and Knights. We have realised our needs such as a small forward, ruckman and another mid. We finished 7th again so next years fixture will favour us. Conca and Griffiths are trade bait. Yes it's devastating to lose another final but this season showed that we are on the right track. This trade period could be huge for us

Id say fail just...

i thought huge chance to win against north and i thought we were certainties to beat swans.
then would have flown to perth where we play well

A fail. Same old coach making the same old mistakes.
No hope of improvement will Hardwocks at the helm.
That's the sorry reality.

We won 15 games which was terrific and we took our rightful place as one of the stronger clubs as a whole in the comp well done all. We did muck it up yesterday unfortunately

CarnTheTiges said:
As a waste. Not winning a final turned this from a promising season to a complete waste of 6 months of hard work.
This - spot on. We're better than what happened yesterday but until we stand up & prove it, we're justified to be criticised.

At the start of the year this is about where I expected us to be because imo we will see a fairly significant change in personnel around our best 22 next season.

We have some very promising players but we need one or two game breakers and some more depth in the midfield especially. I am looking forward to the emergence of CEllis, Menadue, Lennon, McBean, Drummond and Castagna next season.