2015, how do you view Richmond's season? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015, how do you view Richmond's season?

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
As I sit here trying to make sense of another devastating finals campaign, my mind takes me back to the games we mauled Freo, Hawthorn and Sydney......yet couldn't put away teams like Melbourne and Geelong.

Those wonderful wins against those top 4 sides mean jack shizen now.

I rate this year a failure considering our good run with injuries, our not too difficult draw and the quality of our best 22.

This team is driving me to the *smile* lunatic asylum!!!!!!!

Failure. Only upside is blooded some young blokes and that we finished outside top 6 so should get a reasonable draw again. Need to finish top 4 or we make up the numbers

Mixed feelings. We failed on the big stage when it counted but have unearthed some young talent that could take us, with help, to the something special.

Strange, felt we could have beaten any of the top 4 but north, bulldogs and Adel would trouble us. Needed to be top 4. Stupid forward press in first six weeks cost us badly.

9-10
We beat Collingwood by 15 goals
Slapped Hawthirn
Slapped Sydney and the best of the best, killed and destroyed Ports season

Failure.

Overall outcome is no better than 2 years ago.

The margin of our finals loss flattered us enormously. We were destroyed by ten goals morally. It was a massacre.

In some ways the season was the ultimate triumph of the current group - players and coaches. That's as good as they get IMO. The ruckman is gone. The fullback too. Deledio has lost his zip. And the captain was pitiful. Did bugger all hunting when he was getting a hiding. Unforgivable in the context of the match. Four crucial players have taken as far as they ever will.

That combination has reached its zenith. At seventh.

We've finished seventh, eighth and seventh in the past three years. So not only have we made the finals for three consecutive years, we've got all the evidence we need on why we haven't gone any further.

Our three years of modest success have provided us with ample evidence of who can and who can't.

Time for a five-year plan.

Dyer'ere said:
The margin of our finals loss flattered us enormously. We were destroyed by ten goals morally. It was a massacre.

In some ways the season was the ultimate triumph of the current group - players and coaches. That's as good as they get IMO. The ruckman is gone. The fullback too. Deledio has lost his zip. And the captain was pitiful. Did bugger all hunting when he was getting a hiding. Unforgivable in the context of the match. Four crucial players have taken as far as they ever will.

That combination has reached its zenith. At seventh.

We've finished seventh, eighth and seventh in the past three years. So not only have we made the finals for three consecutive years, we've got all the evidence we need on why we haven't gone any further.

Our three years of modest success have provided us with ample evidence of who can and who can't.

Time for a five-year plan.

Agree re the loss and agree re Chaplin and Ivvy, Jacky Boy. But Cotch and Lids still have plenty of good footy to come, Lids proved that especially with his second half of the year.

We do need more genuine cream on top though. Without injecting a Bennell or a Treloar we will go backwards in a couple of years.

St Kevin said:
Agree re the loss and agree re Chaplin and Ivvy, Jacky Boy. But Cotch and Lids still have plenty of good footy to come, Lids proved that especially with his second half of the year.

We do need more genuine cream on top though. Without injecting a Bennell or a Treloar we will go backwards in a couple of years.

We won't be getting Treloar, St Kev. Chimp and Lids were the guns - the future for this era. They're the past now. Sure they can still play good footy. But they're in decline.

The new champ Martin wasn't so much outclassed on the day as outnumbered. He was hunted by the whole North team. They caught him and chicken winged him three times. He's our future.

It really is rebuild time IMO, brother.

Pre-season odds had us 21/1 for the flag with Geelong (7th and 8th). We finished about where we were expected to. Problem is, we looked good enough to do better. One decision goes our way today, maybe we sneak over the line. It's hard to quantify. Also hard to fathom how so many of our top players had shockers today. Maybe the Kangas resting all those blokes did make the difference - maybe that was magnified because of the heat? All I know is it hurts like hell, but I can guarantee you that it hurts the players a lot more. I think Hardwick deserves to see next season through. More importantly, the recruiting department needs to leave no stone unturned in adding some talent this trade period. Surely the resources are there with retirements of Knights/Newy/Petterd/Foley. The window is only likely to be open for 2, maybe 3 years tops. Not only are the Bulldogs/Gold Coast/Gigantes coming, Collingwood will be on the up. Man, footy breaks your heart doesn't it? FYI, Eagles were 36/1 to win it pre-season, Bulldogs 151/1. Doubly frustrating that Sydney are ripe for the picking next week. Yes, I'm rambling. Off to have another cry and find my kevlar suit for the amount of bullsh*t that will be thrown at me by all of the Crow "supporters" tomorrow.