2013 Election Year Party Policies- Labor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2013 Election Year Party Policies- Labor

willo said:
Pretty obvious what's been in the news.

Same as what's been coming from Abbott's mouth for 6 years, which includes an election campaign. Vague innuendo about what they might do to reverse what the government has put in place, but that's about it.

Can't you see that no matter how bad the government is, many want to hear what the opposition would do if they were in government ?

willo said:
Pretty obvious what's been in the news. As I mentioned previously.
Do you agree with Rudds new asylum seeker policy or his repealing of the carbon tax?

Not obvious to me from watching the news, especially in regard to policies that have been pinched.

Strange you're always so willing to ask questions of others but not answer questions asked of you. You could easily give a dot point summary of the Liberal boat policy if you're so familiar with it. Can you provide a link to the actual policy?

Baloo said:
Same as what's been coming from Abbott's mouth for 6 years, which includes an election campaign. Vague innuendo about what they might do to reverse what the government has put in place, but that's about it.

Can't you see that no matter how bad the government is, many want to hear what the opposition would do if they were in government ?

No kidding. That usually happens when the election writs are in.

Any comment on my questions re rescinding the carbon tax or asylum seeker policies?

Good idea, bad, what? Or will it be glossed over as nothing to discuss?

Sorry, what were these liberal policies again ? Feel free to show any they used in the last election too. Especially those that they submitted to treasury for costing.

Don't treat me like an ALP voter. I am begging for a reason not to vote for the ALP but the Libs are driving me nothing.

rosy23 said:
Not obvious to me from watching the news, especially in regard to policies that have been pinched.

Strange you're always so willing to ask questions of others but not answer questions asked of you. You could easily give a dot point summary of the Liberal boat policy if you're so familiar with it. Can you provide a link to the actual policy?

Not many questions get answered.
Funny how you profess to not follow politics and even stated you probably wouldn't even vote in this coming election.
But like to nitpick just a few posters. You say others are condescending. Pot, kettle.
Why do I need to provide any links. If you're so interested try google. I notice you didn't have any views on Rudds changes. Maybe Gillard had it wrong.

Baloo said:
Sorry, what were these liberal policies again ? Feel free to show any they used in the last election too. Especially those that they submitted to treasury for costing.

Don't treat me like an ALP voter. I am begging for a reason not to vote for the ALP but the Libs are driving me nothing.

Why is the onus on me to show links or provide information?
Why do I need to show what they used in the last election? Do you know them or want to know?

I'm allowed an opinion and viewpoint. Which is the reason for a forum after all.
Show me the link, dot points and the like. Search engines are available, If you desire that information.

willo said:
Why is the onus on me to show links or provide information?
Why do I need to show what they used in the last election? Do you know them or want to know?

I'm allowed an opinion and viewpoint. Which is the reason for a forum after all.
Show me the link, dot points and the like. Search engines are available, If you desire that information.

You said they were available. I can't find any real policy from the Libs. I'm asking you what you read and where you read it.

If you don't want to back up your statements with fact then can't suggest a role as a Lib policy writer for you ?

willo said:
Not many questions get answered.
Funny how you profess to not follow politics and even stated you probably wouldn't even vote in this coming election.
But like to nitpick just a few posters. You say others are condescending. Pot, kettle.
Why do I need to provide any links. If you're so interested try google. I notice you didn't have any views on Rudds changes. Maybe Gillard had it wrong.

Especially when questions are asked of you. I asked a simple question as a response to your claim that policies were pinched. You've passed the buck on my question yet asked unrelated questions yourself.

You are correct I said I don't follow politics that closely. Maybe that's why I am unaware of the Libs policies you claim were pinched...then again maybe I could follow it fanatically and still not be aware of what you meant. You could easily have given us some facts to support your opinion. We can't know if what we hear on the news is what you're personally referring to or not.

You are also correct that I also said I probably won't vote. What on earth does that have to do with this particular discussion? You try to turn things into party specific discussion but I, for one, am not a rusted on party supporter. I don't pretend to know the answers to such a complex situation. Maybe Gillard, Rudd and Abbott all have it wrong. All I wanted to know what what policies you claim were pinched. You don't want to answer, or can't answer, then fair enough.

Any suggestion that being asked a question in response to a particular claim is "nit picking" is laughable. If you weren't suggesting that you've lost me as to why you mentioned it.

Yes you are spot on this is a forum and you are allowed an opinion. It's also quite acceptable for others on this forum to question your opinions. You question others a lot yourself after all.

rosy23 said:
Especially when questions are asked of you. I asked a simple question as a response to your claim that policies were pinched. You've passed the buck on my question yet asked unrelated questions yourself.

You are correct I said I don't follow politics that closely. Maybe that's why I am unaware of the Libs policies you claim were pinched...then again maybe I could follow it fanatically and still not be aware of what you meant. You could easily have given us some facts to support your opinion. We can't know if what we hear on the news is what you're personally referring to or not.

You are also correct that I also said I probably won't vote. What on earth does that have to do with this particular discussion? You try to turn things into party specific discussion but I, for one, am not a rusted on party supporter. I don't pretend to know the answers to such a complex situation. Maybe Gillard, Rudd and Abbott all have it wrong. All I wanted to know what what policies you claim were pinched. You don't want to answer, or can't answer, then fair enough.

Any suggestion that being asked a question in response to a particular claim is "nit picking" is laughable. If you weren't suggesting that you've lost me as to why you mentioned it.

Yes you are spot on this is a forum and you are allowed an opinion. It's also quite acceptable for others on this forum to question your opinions. You question others a lot yourself after all.

Yeah whatever. Already did reply. But you chose to ignore it. You wanted the whole policy in detail. Nitpicking, yes, you're good at it.
Asking questions is exactly right. Being required to be someone's research assistant isn't.

willo said:
Yeah whatever. Already did reply. But you chose to ignore it. You wanted the whole policy in detail. Nitpicking, yes, you're good at it.
Asking questions is exactly right. Being required to be someone's research assistant isn't.

Yes you did "reply". You didn't answer the question though. That's ok. I would have been interested to know the facts but no worries at all, maybe there aren't any.

rosy23 said:
What are the actual policies and in what way have they been pinched?

willo said:
Try reading a paper or watching the news.
Repealing the carbon tax. Action on asylum seekers to start with.

I definitely won't be voting for our local Labor candidate. When asked if she had any pets she replied that her pride and joy were her pet lambs she topped the market with. :eek:

willo said:
Try reading a paper or watching the news.
Repealing the carbon tax. Action on asylum seekers to start with.

They are not 'repealling the carbon tax'. They are moving to the ETS earlier than planned. Certainly not 'stealing a lib policy there. Never heard Abbott suggest anything like the PNG refugee deal. No stealing policy there.
So where are these stolen policies exactly?

Brodders17 said:
They are not 'repealling the carbon tax'. They are moving to the ETS earlier than planned. Certainly not 'stealing a lib policy there. Never heard Abbott suggest anything like the PNG refugee deal. No stealing policy there.
So where are these stolen policies exactly?

Kevvy disagrees, he says the carbon tax is being axed. Which is what I said.
http://www.news.com.au/national-news/federal-election/kevin-rudd-axes-carbon-tax-in-favour-of-emissions-trading-scheme/story-fnho52ip-1226680043190

Is this not about "stopping the boats"? Is this not another u turn on Gillards/labor policy. Spin it all you like. Kev's trying to take any difference in policy out of the election equation. Surely you can see that strategy.

This sounds like a top idea but will be interesting to see the details about it...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-28/labor-promises-50k-new-jobs-with-sydney-industry-hubs/4917346

Labor promises 50k new jobs with Sydney industry hubs

The $28 million announcement will be formally made by Industry Minister Kim Carr later this morning.

Labor says the hubs will drive growth in the transport, financial services and information and communications technology sectors.

Senator Carr says the financial services partnership along is expected to create up to 30,000 new jobs.

"That's the advice that the department has given me based on the applications, the information provided in the applications," he said.

"This is a first in terms of industry policy. It's about trying to build those new connections.

"These are part of the $1 billion jobs package that the Labor Government has developed that the Liberal Party would cut."

Senator Carr says the "partnerships" overall will create 50,000 new jobs across the country.

The $28 million would pay for three of the 12 partnerships planned by Labor, with a fourth of them also to be based in Sydney.

"Sydney has attracted over 40 per cent of the new funding because that's where the applications came from and where of course we have great capabilities and we need to transform our industries to ensure we have new jobs for the future," Senator Carr said.

Labor give and take?

Senator Carr's announcement comes a day after Labor was accused of taking jobs out of Sydney with its plan to downgrade the Garden Island naval base.

New South Wales Premier Barry O'Farrell confronted Prime Minister Kevin Rudd over the policy on the harbourfront yesterday, saying it would cost the city 4,000 direct jobs.

Mr Rudd says the cruise ship industry will fill the gap.

The Prime Minister will return to the key election battleground of Western Sydney this evening, with a televised debate with Opposition Leader Tony Abbott at Rooty Hill RSL.

The same venue also hosted a leaders debate during the 2010 election campaign.

https://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/media/murdoch-ad-update/why-we-were-banned?t=dXNlcmlkPTc4MzMzMixlbWFpbGlkPTI2MzE%3D

My advice to you is that you read this and see the video before you vote today. Don't let Rupert Murdoch's political agenda influence your vote today... vote for what you believe in, not what a media mogul believes in.

Ian4 said:
https://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/media/murdoch-ad-update/why-we-were-banned?t=dXNlcmlkPTc4MzMzMixlbWFpbGlkPTI2MzE%3D

My advice to you is that you read this and see the video before you vote today. Don't let Rupert Murdoch's political agenda influence your vote today... vote for what you believe in, not what a media mogul believes in.

Remember reading about that not long ago and just shaking my head in amazement at the hypocrisy of it all. Can you imagine the outcry, from the political party, if any of those media outlets had refused to air a Liberal or Labor ad, regardless of how negative they were? We'd be hearing about it for weeks!

Australian media is an absolute disgrace these days, and only getting worse and worse.