2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 2 vs Collingwood - VOTE HERE

3. Cotchin
2. Deledio
1. Batchelor

I thought Rance was awful.

Oh well, I like the lad and hope practice makes perfect!

3. Lids
2. Cotch
1. Rance

Hon mention Batch.

3. Deledio
2. Maric
1. Rance

Chimp also vote-worthy

3. Deledio
2. Cotchin
1. Rance

3-Deledio - cracking game - especially the second half - his stats are hard to ignore.
2-Cotchin - pretty much played a lone hand in the midfield in the first half - quieter in the second, but WOW he is special
1-Rance - Despite the ridiculous commentary on the night I thought he played a great defensive, unselfish game and took the choccies over a powerful opponent in Cloke. Managed to rack up big disposal numbers to boot!

3. Deledio
2. Rance
1. Maric

sorry cotch but mullet man has been a breath of fresh air he's becoming one of my fav players

Rance - quickly becoming our backline general
Cotchin
Deledio
Special mention to Morris & Ellis whom I think did exceptionally well for their second games.

3. Cotchin
2. Rance
1. Maric

3. Deledio
2. Rance
1. Cotchin

3. Deledio
2. Rance
1. Cotchin

The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 2 vs Collingwood - RESULTS POSTED

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award
Voting Results for Round 2 vs Collingwood

COLLINGWOOD 2.8 5.10 11.12 12.13 (85)
RICHMOND 1.6 2.10 4.13 8.16 (64)

GOALS
Collingwood: Cloke 3, Thomas 3, Blair 2, Fasolo 2, Paine, Jolly
Richmond: Miller 4, Deledio 2, Edwards, Conca

Rank Change Player 3 VOTES 2 VOTES 1 VOTE RD TOTAL TOTAL VOTES AVG
1 - Trent Cotchin 18 22 13 111 329 53 164.5
2 - Alex Rance 9 32 24 115 218 65 109.0
3 ↑6 Brett Deledio 43 13 9 164 167 65 83.5
4 ↓1 Nathan Foley 0 0 0 0 58 0 29.0
5 ↓1 Ivan Maric 2 3 8 20 49 13 24.5
6 ↓1 Jack Riewoldt 0 0 0 0 21 0 10.5
7 - Steven Morris 0 1 4 6 16 5 8.0
=8 NEW Jake Batchelor 2 2 5 15 15 9 15.0
=8 ↓2 Shaun Grigg 0 0 2 2 15 2 7.5
10 NEW Dylan Grimes 0 2 3 7 7 5 3.5
11 NEW Brad Miller 1 0 3 6 6 4 3.0
12 ↓4 Dustin Martin 0 0 0 0 5 0 2.5
13 NEW Shane Tuck 0 0 2 2 2 2 1.0
=14 ↓4 Addam Maric 0 0 0 0 1 0 1.0
=14 NEW Reece Conca 0 0 1 1 1 1 0.5
=14 ↓4 Bachar Houli 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.5
=14 NEW Chris Newman 0 0 1 1 1 1 0.5
Total Voters=75

252473.jpg

MATCH REPORT
by YinnarTiger

We booked our seats for this game before round 1, figuring that it could be a sellout if we beat Carlton. When reality sunk in, I was still glad we got these seats as they were in a good position just on the Punt Road end side of the MCC, on the bottom deck in row AA. It was 50/50 Collingwood/Richmond supporters in our area.. My son went down to find a TAB and what the odds for the game were and to get a couple of beers. He came back and said he had got on Richmond head-to-head for $6.50. I was tempted but resisted the temptation.

The first score for Collingwood was a poster from Ball, Richmond opened with a poster to Jack. The first goal of the game went to Paine of Collingwood after an unlucky bounce got past Batchelor. Blair followed to put Collingwood 2 goals in front. I usually feel pretty confident when Cloke has a set shot and he didn’t let me down. Both defences were tight and there were a lot of missed chances by both sides before Brad Miller got our first goal. The pattern of missed shots continued for Richmond in the second quarter and I lost my ambivalence about Cloke’s shots on goal. But we were still within 3 goals in a low scoring game at half time. Then it was my turn to go and get the beers and I missed the melee.

In the third quarter Collingwood came bursting out of the blocks and within the first 5 minutes were almost 50 points in front. It looked like we were set for another flogging. The pattern of play then went to that of the first half with Collingwood in front with a comfortable margin. Conca got the goal on the ¾ siren to get us back to a 41 point deficit. We came out firing in the last with 2 goals to Miller and one to Deledio cutting the margin to under 4 goals. With the momentum of getting the last 4 goals I was starting to doubt the wisdom of forgoing the $6.50 odds that were on offer at the start of the game. We put in a very good last quarter showing a definite improvement from the Tigers of 2011. Collingwood held on to win by 21 points, courtesy of their 5 goal burst at the start of the third quarter.

EDITORIAL
by Panthera tigris FC

In a game littered with skill errors from both sides it came down to an eight minute goal burst at the beginning of the 3rd to seal the match for the Pies. In the voting this week Brett Deledio's 35 disposals, 2 goals and 5 tackles were hard to go by for the majority of the PRE faithful and after a quiet first round he has now moved into the top 3. Alex Rance followed up his solid outing against the Blues with another good performance, keeping Cloke relatively quiet and racking up 34 disposals himself. Despite the commentary teams blinkers I thought his decision making and disposal was good and he was a big reason the score didn't blow out further once the Pies established their lead. Cotchin again polled strongly after an excellent first half that I thought would certainly see him get his second, best Tiger afield award in a row. However he was held in the second half and was shaded by Deledio's strong showing during that time.

The Tigers are now without a win this season and come up against the hapless Dees on Saturday afternoon. We should win this game, but we all remember the games in 2011 that we should have won. Let's hope the Tiges come out firing and don't allow any complacency to creep into their game. It will be good to see the boys register their first premiership points for the season!

Carn' the Tiges!

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 2 vs Collingwood - RESULTS POSTED

My votes will go to 4 quarter performers.

There were 4 standouts, but sorry to Grigg for missing out.

3- Tuck - Superman effort, and disposal was good
2- Conca - his best game for the club
1- Foley - critical in first half - All 3 of them and Grigg could have got votes.

Good 2nd halfs - Deledio, Nahas and Cotchin.

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 2 vs Collingwood - RESULTS POSTED

3 - Grigg
2 - Conca
1 - foley

Sorry Tucky

3 - Tuck, he's a machine
2- Grigg, best game for us so far
1 - Conca, well done son, will be a player