2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 15 vs Melbourne - VOTE HERE

3- Houli
2- Edwards
1- Tuck

3. Tuck

2. Houli

1. Grigg

Hons: Nahas, Ellis, Morris, Deledio

3. Houli
2. Tuck
1. Nahas

The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 15 vs Melbourne - RESULTS POSTED

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award
Voting Results for Round 15 vs Melbourne

MELBOURNE 1.0 4.4 5.6 11.12 (78)
RICHMOND 4.6 6.12 9.20 13.23 (101)

GOALS
Melbourne: Martin 2, Blease, Garland, Rivers, Jones, McKenzie, Bail, Tapscott, Bennell, Sylvia
Richmond: Nahas 4, Deledio 2, McGuane 2, Grigg, Riewoldt, White, Edwards, Tuck

Rank Change Player 3 VOTES 2 VOTES 1 VOTE RD TOTAL TOTAL VOTES AVG
1 - Trent Cotchin 3 5 4 23 1109 12 79.2
2 - Brett Deledio 1 0 3 6 856 4 61.1
3 - Ivan Maric 0 0 1 1 643 1 45.9
4 - Shane Tuck 25 10 3 98 632 38 45.1
5 - Shaun Grigg 12 8 9 61 391 29 27.9
6 - Nathan Foley 0 0 0 0 310 0 31.0
7 - Alex Rance 0 1 0 2 307 1 21.9
8 - Dylan Grimes 0 0 0 0 240 0 26.7
9 - Jack Riewoldt 0 0 0 0 220 0 15.7
10 - Shane Edwards 0 1 0 2 199 1 16.6
11 - Steven Morris 4 12 5 41 179 21 13.8
12 ↑2 Robin Nahas 0 2 12 16 132 14 9.4
13 ↓1 Reece Conca 0 2 2 6 128 4 9.8
14 ↓1 Dustin Martin 0 0 0 0 117 0 9.0
15 - Jake Batchelor 0 0 0 0 43 0 3.9
16 ↑4 Bachar Houli 5 5 1 26 34 11 2.4
17 ↓1 Chris Newman 0 0 0 0 26 0 1.9
18 ↓1 Daniel Connors 0 0 0 0 20 0 10.0
19 ↓1 Daniel Jackson 0 0 0 0 13 0 1.1
=20 NEW Luke McGuane 0 2 8 12 12 10 12.0
=20 ↓1 Matt Dea 0 0 0 0 12 0 1.3
22 ↑2 Brandon Ellis 0 2 2 6 8 4 0.6
23 ↓2 Ben Griffiths 0 0 0 0 7 0 1.2
=24 ↓2 Jake King 0 0 0 0 6 0 0.8
=24 ↓2 Brad Miller 0 0 0 0 6 0 0.6
=26 NEW Tom Derickx 0 1 1 3 3 2 3.0
=26 NEW Matthew White 1 0 0 3 3 1 1.0
28 ↓3 Addam Maric 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.1
Total Voters=51

262899.jpg

MATCH REPORT
by feisty tige

The Fluro Laces - Nahas the Difference

Walking to the ‘G from Fed Square on a relatively sunny day, I actually thought there was no way we could win this game of footy given the changes during the week, so my expectations were low, which was a good thing.

First Quarter

I sat at the city end with the Tiger faithful, checked out Twitter before the bounce and saw that Derickx had received his jumper from former Tiger Bruce Monteith. Our Captain won the toss and elected to kick to the city end, I noticed Jack lining up on the MCC wing which seemed odd to me.

It didn’t take long for us to have our first shot at goal through Muscles McGuane from about 20 metres out. He shanked it for a point which set the tone for the game really.

Our pressure in the forward line was very good and forced errors from the Melbourne defenders. Our first goal came from a free kick to Jack on a tight angle but he came around the defenders and slotted it. It was his first and last for the day.
The ball spent most of the time in our forward line and we really should have capitalised more. Edwards seems to be getting better at finding the best option to go to, but a great mark and then horrible miss was perplexing. Great tenacity from Jack led to a goal to White and we had a lot of handball receives early in the game and Lids got a great goal from a good chain of play, it seems we can really play well in better weather.

Things I learned during the first quarter is that Luke McGuane is a really strong marker of the ball, Cotchin is a jet when he gets near it, Houli has a good defensive mindset and for a “first gamer” Derickx not only has he a good rucking ability, but his first, second and third efforts are really good. O’Hanlon got roughed up a bit from Trengove and not long after O’Hanlon kicked it directly to a Melbourne player and they got their first goal of the game with about a minute fifty to go in the quarter. Hopefully with a few more games O’Hanlon will gain more confidence, he seems to have a bit of get up and go about him.
Our pressure in the last minute of the quarter was very good and led to a goal to Grigg.

Score: MFC 6 to RFC 30

Second Quarter

Either we were tired after a “fast start” or Melbourne decided to come to the game. Some of the plays from Melbourne were very quick and hard to defend. Our forward line seemed as cluttered as it was in the first quarter but Deledio got a great goal from outside 50, although it looked like he was trying to get it to the top of the square for a contest.

Our young boys have a bit of spunk about them, Ellis is speedy and Morris makes contest after contest and even after he seemed to injure his shoulder, he bumped in to a Melbourne player with his good shoulder.
Tuck seems to think a step ahead of his teammates, handballing in front of the player so they can run onto it instead of being stationary and being pinged immediately. I hope our players take notes about how he plays.
A small brain fade from Lids gave the Dees their second goal from a 50m penalty. It was from about this point that the goal umpire at the city end began to have trouble with what I thought was a Melbourne goal, they eventually decided that Maric touched it although video evidence was inconclusive.

I like seeing the one percenters from our players, like Dea giving a strong hip to Jones, strong marks from McGuane kicking a goal and giving it to Dunn, and our players kicking to one on one contests backing our players to win the ball.
Nahas was limping just before the end of the half, Melbourne 28 to Richmond 48 the half time score.

Third Quarter

A quick start for Melbourne but they missed a few shots early. I think we need to keep at least one player in our forward line for when we get the quick getaway. At stages from the kick out we didn’t have anyone to go to and we didn’t seem to have any great structure. At times we need to find better options with our handballs, it is frustrating to see us get the ball only to handball to someone under more pressure, and hopefully this will come as the side matures.

I can go a little overboard with my barracking sometimes but when Matty White kicked a goal and it was deemed a point by the umpire, I went troppo. I am glad the players didn’t lose it as much as I did.

There were some great tackles during the third quarter, Rance on Rivers, White laid a few but wasn’t rewarded, and it was great to see Lids go in harder at the ball instead of waiting for it to come to him, maybe this is a result of having both Foley and Martin out of the side?

With Reiwoldt missing so many shots at goal it gave our forward line great opportunity to create pressure and we were able to capitalise a few times, with Nahas getting a great goal from a Watts turnover.
Our defensive pressure was pretty good but Jones was able to get a good goal from only a few metres out. I really dislike Jones and it was great to see Cotch lay a strong tackle on him, even if he gave away a free kick.
I like the hardness that is coming into our team, Derickx came back on the ground after a hard hit to the head, Morris going in hard and making his opponent know he is there, and Nahas getting elbowed by Frawley with 3.30 to go in the quarter. Nahas just kept going and going. We had a great finish to the quarter with a great team goal by Edwards from Cotch then Grigg, and Muscles McGuane another great mark and goal.
Melbourne 36 Richmond 74.

Fourth Quarter

Most of the work had been done in the first three quarters and the Demons seemed to have an open forward line in the last, and kicked a lot of goals as a result. Griffiths was subbed off due to a slight strain in the calf injury and A. Maric came on. Nahas was the star of the quarter kicking 3 goals, and after kicking his first McGuane gave a spray to Dunn letting him know all about it. I think Dunn gave Luke something to think about earlier in the game. The second came from really quick ball movement and a Maric handball and the third with one minute to go in the game. Our only other goal this quarter was from Tuck. With five minutes to go in the last Matty White booked himself a holiday when he bumped Frawley a bit high, a shame as we will miss his run next week. A late goal to Steffie Martin from Melbourne in the last 30 seconds making the margin, ironically, 23 points.

With 46,700 people at the game most of the Richmond supporters were heard cheering when the Weagles defeated the Roos in Tassie, and as good as it was to win, it kind of felt disappointing and a few people I spoke to couldn’t bring themselves to sing the song. I know there are a lot of ifs buts or maybes, but maybe it would have felt better if even half of our points were goals? I only belted out the “Yellow and Black” a couple of times.

EDITORIAL
by Panthera tigris FC

A belated report this week as the 'real world' imposed itself. Thanks to feisty for providing the report after the late request.

In the voting this week Tuck continued his renaissance and racked up the BOG honours from the 51 PREnders that cast their ballot this week. His hardness and clearance work have become pivotal in our midfield and one wonders how we were able to win the hard ball during his exile in recent years. He is now putting pressure on Big Ivan for 3rd position, a real testament to his consistency.

The other vote-attractors this week were Shaun Grigg who racked up the possessions this week in his normal outside role, providing a lot of link play and playing his important role in the side well. Steve Morris was also excellent on his return and his desperation and run out of defence were rewarded in the polls.

With the 8 now starting to gel and the candidates for the final couple of positions fighting it out, games like today's against the Suns take on more importance. The Tigers have to try to improve their percentage and put themselves in a position to secure a top 8 berth. It is just nice to still be in the hunt at this stage of a season!

Carn' the Tiges!

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 16 vs Gold Coast - VOTE HERE

3. Cotchin
2. Riewoldt
1. Ellis

wow, teen-movie

Cotchin 3
cotchin 2
A.Maric 1

3. Cotchin